Rawstream Announces New Tool to Help Organizations Identify Desktop and Cloud Applications in Use, Saving Up to 90% On Licensing Costs by moving to Google Apps.

Share Article

Rawstream’s new Application Usage Analytics gives businesses and schools a complete, real-time view of the cloud and desktop applications employees use. With Application Usage Analytics CIOs and IT can reduce licensing costs and shine a light on shadow IT.

Rawstream Application Usage Analytics

Rawstream Application Usage Analytics

Organisations get a complete, real-time view with the information and insights they need to pay only for the licenses employees use.

Did you know that only 10% of your employees use Excel regularly? So why pay for expensive Microsoft Office licenses for the other 90%? From today, Rawstream’s new Application Usage Analytics allows organisations to discover the full suite of applications employees use.

Rawstream tracks all cloud-based and desktop applications in use by employees, including the individual applications that make up the Microsoft Office and Google Apps for Work suites. The benefit? Organisations get a complete, real-time view with the information and insights they need to pay only for the licenses employees use.

Reduce Licensing Costs:
Although Office may be a great productivity tool, only 10% of employees use all of Office's feature set. The rest can be just as productive with free cloud-based collaboration tools such as Google Apps.

Rawstream's Application Analytics shows organisations the daily and monthly active users for each application, giving them the information they need to pay just for the licenses used, saving a lot of money.

Shining a Light on Shadow IT:
The workplace is changing, and employees and departments are taking matters into their own hands and installing the applications they are most comfortable with, often without IT’s knowledge or authorisation.

Rawstream is built for this new environment, helping businesses understand what apps people are using. Application Analytics shows who is running what, and if they are sharing documents that they shouldn’t be. With Rawstream, businesses have visibility into what new apps people are introducing into the workplace. With Rawstream CIOs and IT now have the ability to reach out to their businesses and suggest how new apps can help enhance productivity and reduce costs.

About Rawstream:
Rawstream is a UK-based IT security company dedicated to making cloud computing safe. Founded in 2013, Rawstream helps keeps schools create a safe learning environment with Rawstream For Chrome, protects organisations with Rawstream for Windows, and protects Wifi networks and guest devices with Rawstream Cloud DNS (http://rawstream.com/dns-web-security/). Rawstream works as well with Google Apps for Work as it does with Microsoft, giving users more flexibility. Some of Rawstream's clients include large organisations as well as small-medium-sized businesses in 20 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia. Find out more at rawstream.com

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Brian Azzopardi
Rawstream
+44 7938 609 509
Email >
@rawstream
since: 07/2011
Follow >
Visit website