MIAMI, Fla. (PRWEB) April 25, 2016
Greenberg Traurig Miami Co-Managing Shareholder Jaret L. Davis is known for his business leadership in the Miami start-up community and he was recently called upon to share that insight during several events between April 14 – 20. A leader in the Miami business and civic community, Davis spoke on a variety of topics including technology, business development, innovation, and community improvement.
- Invest Miami 2016 Launch Conference: Davis participated in the April 14 panel discussion alongside Steven Altschuler, Chief Executive Officer of UHealth; Dean Eugene W. Anderson, University of Miami School of Business Administration; and Brian Brackeen, Chief Executive Officer of Kairos. Davis and the panel discussed the growth of technology and innovation in Miami.
- AngelSummit Americas: Davis presented during the April 15 “Getting the Deal Done” session of the Lean Angel Workshop at the AngelSummit Americas. The summit aims to educate participants on best practices to grow their businesses, portfolios, and startup communities and delved into the nuances of structuring angel investments. Davis was joined by Sofia Yague, Private Advising Group, P.A.; and Robert Delman, Golden Seeds.
- Local10 News “My Future My Choice” Town Hall: Davis served on a panel along with Broward County Public School Superintendent Robert Runcie as part of the April 15 “My Future, My Choice” town hall hosted by Local10 News anchors Laurie Jennings and Calvin Hughes. The event kicked off the “My Future My Choice” campaign to empower community activism, inspire change and address the recent waves of violence which have plagued Miami’s Overtown and Liberty City communities.
- Miami’s Full Potential panel at eMerge Americas: Davis spoke as part of the April 18 Miami’s Full Potential panel along with Dr. Mark B. Rosenberg, President of Florida International University; and Jorge Plasencia, Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO of República. Davis shared insight on how Miami is growing and advancing as a city, along with ideas on how to keep the momentum going.
- NFTE Ignite Opportunity Start It Up Challenge at eMerge Americas: Davis served as a judge for the April 19 Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship competition. Top NFTE alumni entrepreneurs pitched their businesses to Davis and other distinguished community and business leaders. The top businesses received seed capital to invest in their businesses.
- 2016 African-American Achievers Awards: Davis was honored at the April 20 African-American Achiever Awards as the 2016 Business & Entrepreneurism award recipient. Established in 1992 by the late Jim Moran, automotive legend and founder of JM Family Enterprises, Southeast Toyota Distributors and JM Lexus, the African-American Achievers awards continues his vision to recognize those who unselfishly invest their time and talents toward building a stronger South Florida community.
About Greenberg Traurig — Miami
The Greenberg Traurig Miami office was founded in 1967 by attorneys with a business-focused approach and a tradition of community service. Since that time, the Miami office has actively supported and helped drive South Florida’s growth as an international financial and cultural center, serving as a gateway between the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. In the community, the office is well-known for its “Miami Roots, Global Reach.” The attorneys advise local, national, and international companies in numerous industries and sectors, including aviation, entertainment, financial institutions, health care, international trade and customs, labor and employment, manufacturing, real estate, retail, and technology. In Florida, Greenberg Traurig serves clients from across seven offices in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Orlando, Tallahassee, Tampa, and West Palm Beach.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, multi-practice law firm with approximately 1,900 attorneys serving clients from 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The firm is No. 1 on the 2015 Law360 Most Charitable Firms list, third largest in the U.S. on the 2015 Law360 400, on the 2015 Am Law Global 100, and among the 2015 BTI Brand Elite. More information at: http://www.gtlaw.com.