Binghamton, New York (PRWEB) May 23, 2016
The American Football Association’s Hall of Fame selection committee has completed its annual task of reviewing personal profiles of qualified individuals nominated for induction into the Semi-Pro/Minor League Football Hall of Fame as the "Class of 2016". Information submitted by HOF alumni and subsequent review by the selection committee resulted in the selection of 17 people for enshrinement this year.
This year's group of AFA Hall of Famers will be enshrined as the “Class of 2016” during the AFA's 36th Annual Semi-Pro/Minor League Football Hall of Fame Induction Dinner at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, 2121 George Halas Drive NW, Canton, Ohio 44708. The induction dinner will be part of a 2 day event for the AFA National Association, which will run from Thursday, June 30th thru Friday, July 1st. This is our fourth year at this venue and this year’s event promises to be even better.
- Sports & Celebrity Memorabilia Auction
- Annual AFA HoF Legends - meet the new inductees "Alumni Huddle Cocktail Party - 7pm Thursday, June 30th
- Pro Football Hall of Fame Tours at your leisure
- 36th Annual AFA Semi Pro/Minor League Football Hall of Fame Induction Dinner - 7pm Dinner (Cocktails 6pm) Friday, July 1st.
The American Football Association is proud to present the names of those who will be enshrined into the AFA Semi-Pro/Minor League Football Hall of Fame as the "Class of 2016" (names in parentheses indicate sponsors of the new inductees):
- Jerry Levine – Watertown, NY (George Ashcraft)
- Lawrence “Big Bird” Allen - Surprise, AZ (Steve Bucky Denton)
- Richard Battaglia - Raleigh, NC (Andy Tranchita, Simeon Hendrickson, Chick Cichowski, Dale Berman, Ron Hansen, Bobby Hitz, Jack Perry)
- Bob Bean - Davie, FL (Rick Sager)
- Jamee Call - Antwerp, NY (George Ashcraft)
- Daniel Coleman - Chickamauga, GA (Skip Poole)
- Adam Hoffman – Frederick, MD (Charles Johnson, Chad Fauson, Chazz Brown, Joe Brumfield)
- James “JJ” Johnson - Dinwiddie, VA (Hal Lockhart)
- Larry Johnson - Chicago, IL (Tom Robinson)
- Stanley Kucharski - Archbald, PA (Charles Rader)
- Steve Matychowiak - Olympia, WA (Mark Meadows)
- Marvin Morgan - Newark, NJ (Norm Mann)
- Mike Robochik - Latham, NY (Tom Manny, Dave Fleck)
- Charlie Sampson – Cleveland, OH (Don Kempf, Dennis McElligott, Paul Takach)
- Rodney Alan Sledge - Richmond, VA (Bob Yurachek)
- Adam Walker - Milwaukee, WI (Phil Micech)
- John Yannuzzi - Binghamton, NY (Alvin Lollie)
The enshrinement of this year's class of 17 new hall of famers will see the association’s 35-year total number of inductees expand from 725 members to 742 members. Since the inaugural enshrinement in 1981 (including the Class of 2016) the AFA has recognized 443 players; 107 coaches; 87 executives; 31 officials; 25 pioneers; 20 media/historians; 13 trainer/equipment men; 6 associated with youth football; 5 involved with international semi-pro; 4 from the women's level; and even 1 'super fan'.
Tickets are $100 each for the 2016 AFA Semi Pro/Minor League Football Hall of Fame Induction Dinner. If interested in ordering dinner tickets, please email amerfoot(at)aol(dot)com for an order form. The deadline for ticket orders is June 11th.
As part of our event fundraiser, we are soliciting sponsors/donors. Sponsors and donors will be acknowledged during our live hall of fame webcast, receive a listing in our souvenir program and will be posted on our event banner. Just click any of the links below:
- Sponsorship Form
- AFA Hall of Fame Online Auction Fund Raiser (click here)
- 2016 AFA Sponsor Listing (click here)
Text AFAHOF to 71777 to support our campaign
About the American Football Association:
The American Football Association is a national 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax exempt corporation in its 36th year of operation, and is dedicated to the advancement of adult (semi-pro) football from coast-to-coast. Our slogan is Semi Pro & Proud®. We are not affiliated with any other national semi-pro/minor league organization. The AFA, Hall of Fame, American Football News™ and AFA logo design are registered trademarks of the American Football Association. All other AFA-related trademarks are trademarks of the American Football Association.