New York, NY (PRWEB) June 23, 2016
Insurent Agency Corporation (“Insurent”) and RS Holdings Corporation on June 20, 2016 filed an amended lawsuit (Civil Action No. 16-CV-3076) in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York against The Hanover Insurance Company, The Guarantors Agency (theguarantors.com) and Ronald MacDonald, collectively the “Defendants”. The Insurent Lease Guaranty Program, developed by Insurent and underwritten by Argonaut Insurance Company, is the first and leading guarantor of residential leases in the country accepted by landlords and owners representing over 375,000 rental units.
The Amended Complaint alleges the following:
- The Defendants committed copyright infringement by copying word for word the original and copyrighted legal documents for use with owners, landlords and prospective tenants that Insurent created and registered with the United States Copyright Office in Washington, D.C.
- The Defendants committed Trade Secret Misappropriation.
- The Defendants committed Unfair Competition.
- Certain of the Defendants committed Breach of Fiduciary Duty.
- The Defendants committed Interference with Prospective Business Advantage.
- The Defendants committed False Advertising.
- Certain of the Defendants committed Breach of Contract.
- Certain of the Defendants committed Inducement of Breach of Contract
About Insurent Lease Guaranty Program
The Insurent Lease Guaranty Program was created to serve renters, landlords, condo/coop owners, and brokers and relocation specialists by offering the first institutional guarantor of residential leases. It is now accepted in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Maryland, Virginia, Illinois, and Washington D.C.
The Insurent Lease Guaranty Program is underwritten and issued by Argonaut Insurance Company, a property and casualty insurance company rated A (Excellent) by A. M. Best.