The business and societal benefits from health and wellness programs are significant and we are honored to be able to help in this mission.
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) July 11, 2016
Archbright, a go-to resource for HR advice and legal counsel for employers in Washington State and Idaho, today announced $200,000 in funding to be distributed to 13 non-profit organizations that provide health and wellness services to the Puget Sound community.
In 2014, Archbright endowed $1.8 million to be awarded over 10 years via the Seattle Foundation in the amount of $200,000 each year. The mission of Archbright’s health and wellness fund is to encourage healthy lifestyle outcomes of Pacific Northwest residents by providing the promotion of health and wellness education, research, and services.
“We are pleased to support so many local non-profit organizations in the important work they do,” said Archbright president and CEO Shannon Kavanaugh. “The business and societal benefits from health and wellness programs are significant and we are honored to be able to help in this mission.”
The following grants were awarded this year to the following organizations:
- Solid Ground received $25,000 to support Apple Corps
- Cascade Bicycle Club received $15,000 to support the Major Taylor Project
- Seattle Tilth received $15,000 to support Community Kitchens
- City Fruit received $10,000 to provide general operating support
- HealthPoint received $25,000 to support preventative services and school based programs
- Girls on the Run Puget Sound received $20,000 to provide general operating support
- George Pocock Rowing Center received $10,000 to support the Row to the Future program
- YMCA of Greater Seattle received $10,000 to support wellness classes
- School of Acrobatics and New Circus Arts received $15,000 to provide general operating support
- Rainier Health and Fitness received $15,000 to provide general operating support
- FEEST received $15,000 to provide general operating support
- Green Plate Special was awarded $15,000 to provide general operating support
- Happiness Alliance was awarded $10,000 to provide general operating support
Archbright™ is the go-to resource for employers in Washington and Idaho. At our core, we offer HR Advice and Legal Counsel through annual membership. Our focus is helping companies elevate workplace performance. With membership, every employer gets unlimited access to our HR Hotline, two hours per quarter of attorney advice, hundreds of resources in the online HR Toolkit, compensation survey data, and more. Learn more at: http://www.archbright.com.
About Seattle Foundation
Seattle Foundation ignites powerful, rewarding philanthropy to make Greater Seattle a stronger, more vibrant community for all. Focused on creating equity and opportunity, our goal as a community foundation is to simplify giving and strengthen the impact of philanthropy for the more than 1,200 individuals, families, businesses and nonprofits we serve. We provide deep community insights, powerful civic leadership, effective philanthropic advising and judicious stewardship of assets in support of our mission. In addition, Seattle Foundation annually presents GiveBIG, a 24-hour online giving event to raise funds for area nonprofit organizations. Learn more at: http://www.seattlefoundation.org.