"Overcapacity, Boon or Bane for the Oleo Industry?" Confronted by double adversity from slow economy and overcapacity in the regional oleo industry with mega plants coming on steam – producers are urged to be business smart in these challenging times.
Bali, Indonesia (PRWEB) July 20, 2016
"Overcapacity, Boon or Bane for the Oleo Industry?"
Confronted by double adversity from slow economic growth and overcapacity in the regional oleo industry with mega plants coming to steam producers are urged to be business smart in these challenging times! Malaysian Investment Development Authority’s (Mida) Chief called on oil palm companies and SMEs to seize opportunities in the oleo derivatives industry, which offers higher margins in the long run.
With the current volatility in crude oil price, how sustainable are the B20 biodiesel program in Indonesia and B10 program in Malaysia? What are the opportunities & impact on the industry?
CMT’s 4th Oleochemicals Outlook returns to Bali on 23-24 August. This not-to-be-missed event brings together key players and industry majors from the oleochemical value chain to share the latest news and developments in the industry.
Topic Highlights Include:
- Global economic performance and currency trends
- How are natural alcohol producers surviving despite volatile crude and expensive Lauric oils?
- A comparison of the Asian Oleo market with Europe and USA
- Sustainable and strategic sourcing strategy, including RSPO certified materials and traceability challenges
- Is the RSPO sustainable? Can the momentum be maintained?
- Updates on palm oil market trends
- Growth potential of bio-lubricants and novel technologies
- Fatty acids and fatty alcohols industry development in China
- The development of private label personal care products in India
- Identifying non-traditional opportunities in a volatile crude oil price environment
- Biodiesel industry development trends & Glycerine market direction
- Safflower oil as an alternative feedstock for the oleochemicals industry
Speakers at the 4th Oleochemicals Outlook
- Mr. Nobuhiko Masui, Director - Procurement, Raw Materials, Commodities, Kao Corporation
- Mr. David E. Sumual, Chief Economist, Bank Central Asia
- Dr. Caroline Midgley, Director of Biofuels and Biochemicals, LMC International
- Mr. Chris DeLavigne, Principal – Strategy, KPMG Services
- Ir. Qua Kiat Seng, Advisor, ASEAN Oleochemical Manufacturers Group (AOMG)
- Mr. Dadan Kusdiana, Director, Indonesia Estate Crop Fund Agency
- Mr. Shashank Sukumaran, Louis Dreyfus Company
- Mr. Allen Barbieri, CEO, Biosynthetic Technologies
- Mr. Mohamad Fadhil Hasan, Executive Director, Indonesian Palm Oil Producers Association (GAPKI)
- Dr. Hirzun Mohd. Yusof, Vice President I, Integrative and Applied Biology, Sime Darby Technology Centre
- Mr. Sovakar Nayak, Vice President, Palms Resources
- Mr. Leo Liu Xuejun, General Manager, Shanghai Bailey Oils & Fats Co.
- Mr. Pradeep Kumar, Sr. Executive Vice President, Kräuter Healthcare Limited, AKC Group
- Mr. Trevor Gawne, Director, GO Resources
For more information on the 4th OleoChemicals Outlook on 23-24 August in Bali, email grace(at)cmtsp(dot)com(dot)sg or call (65) 6346 9147