“This new backpack, a first for FPV racing drones, is further proof of Think Tank’s commitment to serving the needs of drone racing enthusiasts who come alive at full throttle,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank Photo’s CEO and lead designer."
SANTA ROSA, CALIF. (PRWEB) July 20, 2016
There is one rule by which FPV drone racers live: get airborne quickly. With the August release of Think Tank’s FPV Session Backpack racers will enjoy quicker access to their essential gear for faster liftoffs. FPV racers can keep their gear well organized and easily accessible using the backpack’s unique shelf-like design. They will no longer be frustrated when their gear gets scattered or leave a race without it all.
Two to three drones can be strapped to the front of the FPV Session Backpack for quick access or neatly stored inside for safe travel. The backpack’s interior also fits a radio transmitter, FPV goggles, up to 15 batteries, antenna, props, spare parts, a small to medium tripod and a water bottle. Drone pilots can attach their chairs to the outside of the pack.
Think Tank will also release in August three essential FPV accessories: the FPV Action Cam Pouch; the FPV Radio Transmitter Cover; and the FPV 4 Battery Holder.
“This new backpack, a first for First Person View — or FPV — racing drones, is further proof of Think Tank’s commitment to serving the needs of drone racing enthusiasts who come alive at full throttle,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank Photo’s CEO and lead designer. “For all racers, having quick access to their gear is essential.”
- International and domestic carry on size compatible
- Dedicated top compartment keeps your radio transmitter and FPV goggles at the ready
- Elastic pockets for multiple batteries
- Elastic straps are perfectly sized for an antenna, tools, or small items needed quickly
- YKK RC Fuse zippers, 420D high-density and velocity nylon fabric and nylon webbing for long-lasting durability in rough conditions
- Large interior pocket fits a Li-Po Safe bag (sold separately) full of batteries when traveling
- External webbing daisy chains and buckles for easily attaching drones or even a small folding chair to the front of the bag
- Quick access top pocket for phone, wallet or sunglasses
- Internal mesh pockets for tools and small accessories: rotor blades, screwdriver, cables, etc.
- Side pockets fit a small tripod or water bottles
- Adjustable harness with air-channel, height adjustable sternum strap and a removable webbing waist belt allows travel into remote areas
- Rain cover included to protect gear in inclement weather. Stows away inside bottom front pocket when not in use.
Exterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant (DWR) coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. The backpack also has YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers, 1680D ballistic nylon bottom panel, 420D high-density nylon, 420D velocity nylon, 3D air mesh, darlington mesh pockets, nylon webbing, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: Removable closed cell foam dividers, polyurethane-backed velex liner, 200D polyester liner, 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed rain cover, Belly-O mesh pockets, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread
Exterior Dimensions: 12.2” W x 20” H x 6.5” D (31 × 50.8 × 16.5 cm)
Interior Dimensions: 11.5” W x 19.5” H x 6” D (29.2 × 49.5 × 15.2 cm)
Weight (with all accessories): 2.4 lbs (1.1 kg)
# # #
About Think Tank Photo
Headquartered in Santa Rosa, California, Think Tank Photo is a group of designers and professional photographers focused on studying how photographers work and developing
inventive new carrying solutions that meet their needs. They are dedicated to using only the highest quality materials and design principles, and employing materials that are environmentally benign.