We are very excited to be sponsoring the PGA EuroPro Tour event at Close House, this is a key date in the UK’s golfing calendar. It’s a perfect fit for the Lookers brand as we hope the young golfers are inspired to play well.
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland (PRWEB UK) 27 July 2016
The HotelPlanner.com PGA EuroPro Tour is in full swing, with competitors ready to Tee Off the next round, also known as The Lookers Championship, at Close House, Northumberland, the home of the world’s only Lee Westwood Championship golf course, later this week (27-29 July).
The tour represents the third tier of professional golf and gives emerging golfing talent the opportunity to climb up the ranks. Participants compete for over £800,000 in prize money, with the top five golfers at the end of season awarded a place on the 2017 Challenge Tour.
Lookers will also be upping the stakes at Close House by hosting a daily hole-in-one competition over the three day event which will give competitors the chance to win a Nissan Juke, a Volkswagen Polo and an Audi A1.
The Lookers Championship will be broadcast on Sky Sports and on networks around the world, as well as via a dedicated YouTube Channel.
It’s not the first time that Lookers has been associated with golf, with many of its charitable activities based around the sport. However, this is the first time that Lookers has been involved with the sport at a professional level and follows its decision to sponsor Durham County Cricket Club.
Heike O’Leary, Marketing Director at Lookers, said: “We are very excited to be sponsoring the PGA EuroPro Tour, which is a key date in the UK’s golfing calendar. It’s a perfect fit for us, as Lookers has a very proud tradition of hosting very successful charity golf events, so to be involved in such a prestigious tour is a fantastic opportunity.
“Lookers as a brand is beginning to establish a strong sporting pedigree, supporting various sports at grass roots level across the UK. We are a national retail group but are keen to be closely involved with the local communities that we serve.
“Golf participation is sadly on the decline, so we are very keen to contribute to the sport’s development. Sponsoring a tier 3 level competition is a real opportunity to support this great game. We wish all competitors the best of luck.”
Daniel Godding, Director of Operations at the PGA EuroPro Tour, said: “This competition has given household names like Ryder Cup golfer Jamie Donaldson and European Tour winners Thomas Aiken and Daniel Brooks the chance to climb up the ranks and become world beaters on the circuit.
“We’re delighted that a premium brand like Lookers is sponsoring our event at Close House and helping us to gain even greater recognition within the sport. We’re also excited about the Hole-In-One prizes on offer and I hope at least one of our great young players will be able to drive home with a new set of wheels at the end of the week.”
NOTES TO EDITOR:
- Andy Bruce, Lookers CEO, won ‘CEO of the Year’ at the prestigious Motor Trader of the Year 2016
- Lookers won ‘Dealer Group of the Year Award’ at Motor Trader of the Year 2016, this followed the 2015 win by Benfield Motor Group that won in 2015
- Lookers is the new name of Benfield Motor Group
- Lookers group annual turnover in 2015 was £3.6bn
- Lookers sold almost 180,000 new and used cars and vans
- The motor division consists of 153 franchised dealerships
- 31 marques are represented and support by Lookers
- Lookers employ almost 8,500 people across the group
- Lookers Executive Directors include Andy Bruce (Chief Executive), Robin Gregson (Finance Director), Nigel McMinn (Managing Director – Motor Division) and Neil Davis (Managing Director – Parts Divison)
- The combined turnover of the Motor Trader Top 200 was £56.4bn, an increase of £4bn over the previous year.