LINCOLN, R.I. (PRWEB) July 29, 2016
Summer is the time for travel and family vacations, which means there are more drivers on the road. But an increase in summertime driving also means there are more car accidents. That’s why Amica Insurance is offering tips to help ensure safety if the unexpected happens.
The U.S. Department of Transportation says that summer – not winter – is the most dangerous driving season. Should an accident occur, Amica is sharing the following checklist:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If anyone is hurt, call 911 for help, and don’t try to move them.
- If possible, move the car to a safe location to avoid blocking traffic. Also, turn on the hazard lights.
- Call the police. If they write a police report, remember to get the incident number.
- Stay calm and courteous, but be cautious.
- Gather contact information from any witnesses. Take photos of the scene and any vehicles or objects involved.
- File a claim with your insurance company immediately.
About Amica Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Co., the nation’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, based in Lincoln, Rhode Island, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,400 people in 44 offices across the country. For more information, visit Amica.com.
Media inquiries can be sent to MediaCenter@amica.com.
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.