Temecula Valley, CA (PRWEB) August 09, 2016
With over 2.7 million visitors annually and an exciting series of new construction, property additions, and renovations, TEMECULA VALLEY Southern California Wine Country is strategically placed as a key city to watch for the 2016-2017 seasons.
ECONOMIC GROWTH IN THE TEMECULA VALLEY, BY THE NUMBERS
- 2.7 million visitors visit Temecula Valley Southern California Wine Country every year.
- Travel-related spending in Temecula is up 52%, at $696 million in 2015.
- Onsite food and beverage is up 85% from $68 million in 2004 to $126 million in 2015.
- Offsite food and beverage increased 88% from $48 million to $90 million in 2015.
- Retail sales are up 38%, from $56 million in 2004to $77 million in 2015.
- In 2015, the City of Temecula received $469 million in revenue from overnight accommodations.
- During weekends in 2015, hotels were at 90 to 100% occupancy, with non-weekends averaging 76% occupancy.
WINE COUNTRY GROWTH AND EXPANSIONS IN TEMECULA VALLEY
Eighty percent of visitors to the Temecula Valley engage in wine-related activities. New construction, enhancements, and growth in this sector will make the region a key city to watch for 2017. Planned growth in the region includes:
- The 45-acre vision of Old World European ambiance with wineries, restaurants, retail shops and spa will soon be added to the already popular wine-tasting destination: EUROPA VILLAGE. The additional wineries, with their just planted 53 acres of wine grapes and farm-to-table restaurant, will highlight the expansion. http://www.europavillage.com/
- Fourth generation farmers/owners Carrie and Charlie Peltzer will open CRUSH HOUSE tasting room late August 2016. The CRUSH HOUSE tasting room, designed and decorated by owner Carrie Peltzer with the original, now antique, family tractor as a centerpiece, will feature 6 varietals and snack options at opening. With a focus on their agricultural roots and expansion, 2017 will bring the Farmstead, a farm-to-table chic outdoor reception/event area, in addition to a community garden, and harvest activity center. http://peltzerfarms.com/
- Construction has begun at 12 OAKS WINERY RESORT where a Spanish style resort hotel and villas, 100 acres of vineyards, event facilities, and fine and casual dining options will “reflect luxury and sophistication without skimping on comfort and charm.” http://www.12oakswineryresort.com/
RENNOVATIONS AND EXPANSIONS TO TEMECULA VALLEY HOTELS AND RESORTS
TEMECULA VALLEY Southern California Wine Country hotels and resorts have begun renovations and expansions to provide for additional hotel guests, added value, and exceptional luxury when visiting the region.
- The popular PECHANGA RESORT recently broke ground on a $285 million expansion, more than doubling its current size. When complete, visitors to Pechanga Resort & Casino will enjoy a resort-style pool complex featuring a fitness center, hydrotherapy pool terrace, and eight pool areas; two new restaurants (bringing the total up to 13); a new two-story spa and salon with 17 treatment rooms; and a new AAA Four Diamond luxury 568-room/suite hotel wing. According to Dr. Christopher Thornberg, Founding Parnter of Beacon Economics, “the expansion will result in an economic output of over $550 million,” to the region. https://www.pechanga.com/
- The historic HOTEL TEMECULA recently re-opened its doors in Old Town Temecula. With décor preserved and restored to its original 1891 condition, the quaint hotel features old-fashioned charm and an intriguing look at the area’s storied past. http://thehoteltemecula.com/
- The LA QUINTA INN & SUITES, BEST WESTERN WINE COUNTRY INN, and EMBASSY SUITES have all added renovations to their guest rooms, bathrooms, hotel lobbies, and common areas. The La Quinta Inn & Suites received Trip Advisor’s Certificate of Excellence for 2016. The hotel features 56 guest rooms, free Bright Side Breakfast in a renovated breakfast area, free parking, and more. http://www.laquintatemecula.com/ . The 74 guestrooms at the Best Western Wine Country Inn have undergone complete makeovers as part of the brand’s re-imaging. http://book.bestwestern.com/ . Embassy Suites will complete room modernizations on all guest-rooms August 2016; they will begin a complete renovation of the resort’s meeting spaces, lobby, and dining room, projected to be complete January 2017. http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/
About Visit Temecula Valley
With natural gifts of climate and geography Temecula Valley is recognized for scenic vineyards, award-winning wines, and gracious, friendly wineries as Temecula Valley Southern California Wine Country. The popular boutique friendly destination includes the Temecula Valley A.V.A. (American Viticulture Area) as well as Downtown Old Town Temecula, Pechanga Resort & Casino, and the Temecula Wine Country Golf Trail.
Visit Temecula Valley is the region’s official tourism marketing organization and an online resource for visitors at VisitTemeculaValley.com. Temecula Valley Visitors Center is located in Old Town Temecula (Third Street and Mercedes). For visitor information and assistance, call 888/363-2852 or 951/491-6085.
*Information is believed to be current as of August 2016.