“With this, our smallest rolling camera bag, we help photographers solve one of their biggest headaches, which is how to keep their very expensive gear near them at all times on regional aircraft, as opposed to it being tossed into the hold.”
SANTA ROSA, CALIF. (PRWEB) September 15, 2016
One of the truths of air travel with camera gear is that the maximum amount of gear photographers can carry is limited by the smallest plane on which they’ll be traveling. In response, Think Tank Photo has released the Airport Advantage rolling camera bag. Designed for traveling on commuter or regional jets, the bag’s customized interior holds the maximum amount of gear that will fit in overhead bins or under seats. In addition, its ultralight design lets photographers pack more gear while staying under airlines’ increasingly vigilant weight restrictions.
“The Airport Advantage has all of the features and quality for which Think Tank’s larger rolling camera bags are renowned,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank’s CEO and lead designer. “With this, our smallest rolling camera bag, we help photographers solve one of their biggest headaches, which is how to keep their very expensive gear near them at all times on regional aircraft, as opposed to it being tossed into the hold.”
- Meets U.S. and International airline carry on requirements
- Weighs only 5.9 lbs. (2.7 kg)
- Dedicated laptop pocket fits up to 15” laptops in a padded sleeve
- Custom designed retractable handle with inset channel on aluminum tubing for adds strength and durability
- Tripod mount and water bottle pocket on side (Additional straps included for larger tripods)
- YKK RC Fuse zippers, and closed-cell PU foam are the highest quality materials in the industry
- Fit two camera bodies with lenses attached
- Lockable zipper sliders (lock not included)
- Interior zippered pockets for batteries, CF cards, filters and accessories
- User replaceable retractable handle, wheels, wheel housings, and front foot
- Custom-designed, high-performance, 80 mm super quiet wheels with sealed bearings
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
- Grab handles on three sides for lifting bag into overhead bins
- Closed-cell foam dividers support heavy gear and maintain strength over time
- Business card holder on top for identification
- Gripped DSLR with lens attached, one standard size DSLR with lens attached, plus three to four additional lenses, and 15” laptop
- Or, two gripped DSLRs with lenses detached plus three to four lenses
- Or, two Mirrorless bodies with lots of lenses
Exterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water repellent (DWR) coating, plus underside of fabric has a polyurethane coating. The Airport Advantage is also constructed with 420D velocity nylon, YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers, custom designed extra tall skid plates, high performance 80mm super quiet wheels with sealed bearings, rubberized laminate reinforcement, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 210D silver-toned nylon, polyurethane-backed Velex liner and dividers; closed-cell foam and reinforced PE board dividers; 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed taffeta rain cover; nylon binding; 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior Dimensions: 12” W x 18” H x 4.9 – 6.4” D (30.5 x 45.7 x 12.4–16.3 cm)
Exterior Dimensions: 12.7” W x 19.5” H x 7.3” D (32.3 x 49.5 x 18.5 cm)
Laptop Compartment: 11.6” x 16.4” x 2.9” (29.5 x 41.6 x 7.4 cm)
Weight: 5.9 - 6.2 lbs. (2.7-2.8 kg)
# # #
About Think Tank Photo
Headquartered in Santa Rosa, California, Think Tank Photo is a group of designers and professional photographers focused on studying how photographers work and developing inventive new carrying solutions that meet their needs. They are dedicated to using only the highest quality materials and design principles, and employing materials that are environmentally benign.