“For a decade we’ve released photography and outdoor backpacks designed to hold expensive and extremely heavy photographic equipment. The very same principles we used for them have been integrated into the Airport Helipak for 3DR Solo backpack."
Santa Rosa, Calif. (PRWEB) September 15, 2016
Drone users can now carry their 3DR Solo, 15” laptop, controller, GoPros, charger, spare rotors, extra batteries, jacket, tools, and more in a robust and yet lightweight new backpack, the Airport Helipak for 3DR Solo from Think Tank Photo. Unlike rigid hard cases that lack extra carrying capacity and comfort, this new backpack is designed for 3DR drone enthusiasts who want to be able to carry all of their gear with them all the time.
“The number one complaint of drone users about their bags is that, after just a few hours, their bodies are rebelling from the pain,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank’s CEO and lead designer. “For a decade we’ve released photography and outdoor backpacks designed to hold expensive and extremely heavy photographic equipment. The very same principles we used for them have been integrated into the Airport Helipak for 3DR Solo backpack. Now they can venture deep afield with all of their gear and no concerns about comfort.”
- Custom divider set specifically designed for the 3DR Solo and allows you to reconfigure your bag depending on what gear you’re carrying
- International and domestic carry on size compatible
- Dedicated 15” laptop pocket
- Protective, lightweight and very portable
- YKK RC Fuse zippers, 1680D Ballistic nylon bottom panel, metal hardware, and nylon webbing are the most durable, long lasting materials on the market
- Protective rotor thread caps included
- Internal see-through mesh pockets for small accessories: rotor blades, screwdriver, cables, etc.
- Water bottle pocket on side
- Contoured adjustable harness with lumbar support articulated air-channel and removable padded waistbelt allowing travel into remote areas
- Height adjustable sternum strap
- Elastic pockets on shoulder strap for phone, cliff bar, goo pack, etc.
- Robust handles to ensure rapid and easy retrieval from overhead bins, car trunks, etc.
- Seam-sealed rain cover helps to protect your gear. Stows away inside backpack when not in use.
Exterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant (DWR) coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. The backpack also has YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers, 1680D ballistic nylon bottom panel, 600D polyester, 420D velocity nylon, 3D air mesh, ultra-stretch pockets, Y-buckles, antique finish metal hardware, big hole air mesh, nylon webbing, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: Removable closed-cell foam dividers, 210D silver-toned nylon, polyurethane-backed velex liner, 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed rain cover, Belly-O mesh pockets, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Exterior Dimensions: 14” W x 20.5” H x 9” D (35.6 × 52.1 × 22.9 cm)
Interior Dimensions: 13” W x 18.8” H x 7.6” D (33 × 47.8 × 19.3 cm)
Laptop: 11.8” W x 17.3” H x 1.4” D (30 × 44 × 3.5 cm)
Weight (with all accessories): 4.6 lbs. (2.1 kg)
# # #
About Think Tank Photo
Headquartered in Santa Rosa, California, Think Tank Photo is a group of designers and professional photographers focused on studying how photographers work and developing
inventive new carrying solutions that meet their needs. They are dedicated to using only the highest quality materials and design principles, and employing materials that are environmentally benign.