“Cybersecurity technologies are evolving rapidly, with entire new categories emerging in a matter of months,” says Johna Till Johnson, CEO and founder of Nemertes Research.
New York, NY (PRWEB) October 25, 2016
The WSTA will host a panel discussion on “Emerging Cybersecurity Technologies” on November 1st, in Boston and November 17th in New York City. Johna Till Johnson, CEO and Founder, Nemertes Research will provide industry perspectives and moderate both sessions. “Cybersecurity technologies are evolving rapidly, with entire new categories emerging in a matter of months,” says Johna Till Johnson, CEO and founder of Nemertes Research. “With regulators and boards increasing pressure on financial services infosec professionals to continually improve their security efforts, staying on top of emerging technologies is a critical part of a CISO’s job.” Panel sponsors for the November 1st Boston event are FireEye, Inc., Nexum, Inc., RiskSense, and Riverbed Technology and for November 17th, New York City, BMC, Nexum, Inc., RiskSense, and Riverbed Technology.
Panel Discussion Overview
Few fields are changing as quickly as the area of cybersecurity. New technologies are emerging daily—and each seems to promise better automation, deeper insight, and better risk-management than the next.
But which ones are the real game-changers? Join these panels of experts as they provide a checklist of critical emerging cybersecurity technologies for 2017 and beyond, and share their roadmaps and blueprints for deploying them to the greatest advantage.
Key areas of focus include:
- Cloud-based security, including CASB (Cloud Access Security Brokers), orchestration, encryption, and key management.
- Protection against advanced persistent threats (APT). Learn how to predict, detect, and mitigate against these.
- Advanced security analytics, including user behavioral analytics, big data, and SEIM and log analysis.
- Endpoint security tools and techniques, including microsegmentation and containerization.
- Software-defined security. How do your security tools integrate into emerging strategic initiatives in the data center and elsewhere, including SD-WAN, containerization (Docker etc.), segmentation and microsegmentation, and microservices.
- Dynamic application security. What are best practices for securing applications, both homegrown and outsourced? How can you ensure applications stay secure in a continuous-delivery/continuous-elevation environment?
- Third-party risk management. Financial services firms work with a myriad of third-party vendors. How can you effectively measure risk injected by these third parties, and ensure that you’re up to speed with operational or delivery changes that might affect your risk?
- Next-generation infrastructure. From firewalls to SDN to converged/hyperconverged switching, next-gen infrastructure is increasingly designed from the ground up to include security as an embedded capability.
For almost 50 years, the Wall Street Technology Association (http://www.wsta.org) has provided financial industry technology professionals, vendors, service providers, and consultants forums to learn from and connect with each other. The WSTA facilitates educational seminars and networking events where members meet and exchange ideas and best practices that assist them in effectively capitalizing on technology advances and dealing with financial industry business challenges. Founded in 1967, the WSTA is a not-for-profit association with a long history of evolving to meet the needs of its members.
The WSTA hosts seminars, roundtables, panel discussions, and social events. These events offer many opportunities to stay on top of leading technologies, as well as network and share information with industry colleagues. The WSTA’s quarterly educational Ticker e-Zine and LimeLight e-Newsletter provide additional content and information about the WSTA and industry-related activities. The website is a dynamic resource for keeping on top of the latest information and offers access to additional resources including webinars, white papers, blogs, videos, and information about other industry events.
Nemertes Research is a research-advisory and consulting firm that specializes in analyzing and quantifying the business value of emerging technologies. You can learn more about Nemertes Research at our Website, http://www.nemertes.com, or contact us directly at research(at)nemertes(dot)com.