Keeping in line with the theme of the new 2017 IKEA catalog “Goodbye expectations, Hello you,” this day is meant to encourage people to let go of stressful expectations around the kitchen – from setting the perfect table to baking from scratch.
CONSHOHOCKEN, PA (PRWEB) October 25, 2016
IKEA U.S. is inviting IKEA FAMILY members and their loved ones to join a special in-store event* on Saturday, November 5, 2016, called “Cook and Eat Your Way.” Keeping in line with the theme of the new 2017 IKEA catalog “Goodbye expectations, Hello you,” this day is meant to encourage people to let go of stressful expectations around the kitchen – from setting the perfect table to baking from scratch. During the event, IKEA FAMILY members will enjoy fun and inspirational activities to help them break a few food-related “rules,” as well as delicious treats, exclusive deals and giveaways throughout the day.
“Traditional expectations around how things are supposed to be done can kill inspiration and be overwhelming. That’s why we believe that there isn’t a right way in the kitchen, just one’s own personal way,” said Wanda Fisher, Regional Marketing Manager, IKEA U.S. “With this event, we invite everyone to shrug off what’s expected and celebrate all the offbeat solutions in and around the kitchen.”
Designed as a special reward for IKEA loyalists and their friends, “Cook and Eat Your Way” will include the following in-store offerings**:
- Kitchen Know-how: Learn fun and unique kitchen tips and tricks, discover tasty new recipes, and enjoy activities for the entire family. Specific workshops and activities vary by store, but could include “A Dinner Without Dishes,” “Slow Food in a Jiffy,” or “Personal Table Settings.”
- Food Storage Giveaway: The first 100 IKEA FAMILY members to check in at the IKEA “Cook and Eat Your Way” Event will receive a 17-piece PRUTA food storage set, a $4.99 value! These stackable, BPA-free containers are safe for the microwave, freezer and dishwasher to give you greater flexibility with portions and leftovers.
- FIKA Workshop: FIKA is a Swedish word that means “coffee break”. Traditionally, this is a time for one to take a small break with friends, colleagues or family and enjoy some coffee with a snack such as cookies, candy, or baked goods. We’ll show you the art of putting together the perfect fika for friends and co-workers. Additionally, attendees of the workshop can enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win a $100 IKEA gift card (five winners per store; excludes IKEA Burbank*).
- Delicious Food Offers: Friends love to bond over food, and IKEA makes it even easier with a Buy One, Get One Free dessert offer from 2:00-4:00pm in the IKEA Restaurant. IKEA FAMILY members can enjoy complimentary tea & coffee, including our new specialty coffee drinks. Foodies can take advantage of $5 off $25 at the Swedish Food Market with a coupon. Free food samples will also be a part of the day.
- Big Discounts: IKEA FAMILY members can save more, with offers such as:
o 20% off VARDAGEN kitchen accessories
o 20% off HENRIKSDAL chairs
o 20% off OMAR shelving
o $3.59 MALINDA chair cushions (reg. $4.49)
o 15% off all Mattresses and Bedframes
o Additional special local offers**
For more information on “Cook and Eat Your Way” and specific activities/offers at your local store, please visit https://info.ikea-usa.com/Cook-and-Eat-Your-Way/. Participants can share their experiences of the day using #IKEAYourWay.
Beyond this one-day special event, IKEA shoppers can continue to get more out of each IKEA store visit by becoming an IKEA FAMILY member. The no-cost membership includes perks like special discounts, gift card giveaway entries with each purchase, complimentary coffee and tea in the IKEA Restaurant, and more. During the Cook & Eat Your Way event, shoppers will have the opportunity to sign up for the ongoing rewards program.
Since its 1943 founding in Sweden, IKEA has offered home furnishings of good design and function at low prices so the majority of people can afford them. There are currently more than 385 IKEA stores in 48 countries, including 42 in the U.S. IKEA incorporates sustainability into day-to-day business and supports initiatives that benefit children and the environment. For more information see IKEA-USA.com, @IKEAUSANews, @IKEAUSA or IKEAUSA on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.
*IKEA Burbank will not be participating in this event.
**Visit https://info.ikea-usa.com/Cook-and-Eat-Your-Way/ for a full listing of events, activities, and offers at your local IKEA.