It truly was an opportunity to bestow gratitude on the faculty, staff, students, alumni and community partners that have been an integral part of this institution’s success.
West Harrison, NY (PRWEB) November 15, 2016
Fordham Westchester recently celebrated the University’s 40th anniversary in Westchester County with a Fall Gratitude Reception on Thursday, November 10, at the West Harrison campus. The ceremony featured remarks from County and Town officials and Fordham University representatives, as well as recognition of faculty, staff, students, alumni and community partners. The event also celebrated 175 years of Fordham University, 100 years of the Graduate School of Education, and 100 years of the Graduate School of Social Service.
Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino, a Fordham University Alumnus, kicked off the program by proclaiming November 10, 2016, Fordham University Westchester Recognition Day in Westchester County. Ron Belmont, Mayor of Harrison, spoke to the more than 150 attendees about the strong relationship between the town and University, and how Fordham’s move to Westchester Avenue from its Marymount Campus in 2008 spurred many other businesses to relocate to the area.
During the event, the Deans of the Graduate School of Education, Graduate School of Social Services and School of Professional and Continuing Studies bestowed Community Leadership Awards to 12 Westchester partners with deep connections to Fordham University, its faculty, staff and students. The honorees included:
Graduate School of Education Honorees
- Noelle Beale, Regional Superintendent, Central Westchester Catholic Schools
- Patricia Langan, Principal, Patricia A. DiChiaro School, Yonkers
- Robert Maher, CEO, St. Christopher’s School, Dobbs Ferry
- Arlene Moliterno, Clinical Professor, Curriculum and Teaching, Graduate School of Education
Graduate School of Social Service Honorees
- Sarah Beard, Director of Clinical Services, Lower Naugatuck Valley Parent Child Resource Center
- Polly Kerrigan, Senior Vice President, Family Services of Westchester
- Kevin McGuire, Commissioner, Westchester County Department of Social Services
- Raven Waterman, Director of Clinical Services, Graham Windham
School of Professional and Continuing Studies Honorees
- Eileen Burchell, Assistant Vice President, Office of the Provost, Fordham University
- Angie Cercone, Director Talent Team, Ernst and Young, Student Affairs Subcommittee Chair, PCS Dean’s Advisory Board
- Kevin Mahoney, Senior Vice President, Investments, Raymond James, Chair of the PCS Dean’s Advisory Board
- Karen Parrish, Vice President and Lead Partner, IBM, Subcommittee member of the PCS Dean’s Advisory Board
A Community Leadership Award was also given to Marc Rosa, Wealth Management Advisor at Merrill Lynch Wealth Management and Co-President of the Fordham University Alumni Chapter of Westchester.
“This event was much more than a celebration of the 40th anniversary of Fordham University’s operation in Westchester County. It truly was an opportunity to bestow gratitude on the faculty, staff, students, alumni and community partners that have been an integral part of this institution’s success,” said Grant Grastorf, Academic Operations Administrator of Fordham Westchester, the evening’s emcee.
The Fall Gratitude Reception also featured a timeline and exhibit highlighting 40 years of Fordham in Westchester, self-guided tours of the campus and more. For more information on Fordham Westchester, visit http://www.fordham.edu/info/20395/westchester_campus.