Being selected as a BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education Scholar has given me a great boost in my education and confidence as a talented candidate!
Toronto, ON and New York, New York (PRWEB) November 21, 2016
Lime Connect and BMO Capital Markets are pleased to partner in offering The 2016 BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education Scholarship for Students with Disabilities. The scholarships are intended for current undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in a four-year university program who have any type of disability, and provides USD$10,000 (students in the U.S.) or USD$5,000 (students in Canada) in support of future studies in either the US or Canada.
“The Equity Through Education partnership is perfectly aligned with Lime Connect’s focus on talent and the valuable intellectual capital and strengths that people with disabilities bring to the global workplace,” stated Thomas Wilson, Lime Connect board chairman. “We are proud to have BMO Capital Markets support the studies of students who will truly help us to rebrand disability through achievement.”
“We’re delighted to be partnering with Lime Connect to help achieve our goal of building a more diverse workforce,” said Patrick Cronin, CEO and Group Head, BMO Capital Markets. “Lime Connect is a perfect fit for our Equity Through Education program which helps people achieve their dreams by providing them with an opportunity to develop themselves through education.“
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, students must be:
- A current undergraduate or graduate student at a four-year university in the United States or Canada (graduate program itself, i.e., business school, may be shorter in length)
- Continuing studies as a full-time student in fall 2017 with a minimum 40% course load
- Pursuing a degree in business/commerce, engineering, math, physics, statistics or a related discipline
- Interested in a career in Financial Services with a focus on Capital Markets preferred
- A person with a (visible or non-visible) disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Previous BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education scholars and applicants are encouraged to apply again if they remain eligible
- Scholarships are awarded based on merit, not on financial need; and while candidates must acknowledge that they are a person with a disability, disclosure of specific details are not required.
For more information, and to apply, candidates may visit http://www.limeconnect.com. The deadline for application submissions is midnight PST on Sunday, November 27, 2016.
Candidates with disabilities who are not a match for this particular scholarship are encouraged to register for The Lime Network - an exclusive resource for high potential students, and alumni, with disabilities and the broader, virtual program that prepares and connects candidates for career success regardless of their geographic location. Members of The Lime Network are notified of additional scholarship and career opportunities as well as The Lime Connect Fellowship Program launch and professional development webinars.
About Equity Through Education
Equity Through Education is a charitable initiative aimed at creating a more diverse workplace by offering support to help people realize their educational ambitions by giving them opportunities they might not otherwise have. Each year, BMO Capital Markets donates a day of institutional equity trading commissions from the United States, Canada and Europe to charities that provide greater access to education for less advantaged students through scholarships, bursaries and other academic programs. The initiative has raised C$17.9 million since it was launched in 2005.
About Lime Connect:
Founded as a not for profit organization in 2006, Lime Connect is leading the way as the premier resource for top talent in the disability space by attracting, preparing and connecting highly accomplished individuals with disabilities for careers with our partners, the world’s leading corporations. Our goal is to rebrand disability through achievement and lead all companies to realize the importance, and value, of employing people with disabilities at every level of education, talent and ability. For more information, visit http://www.limeconnect.com.
About BMO Capital Markets:
BMO Capital Markets is a leading North American financial services provider offering investment and corporate banking, advisory services, treasury and market risk management, institutional investing, and research.