In theater, as in life, we all have success and disappointments. It is in how we learn to handle both success and disappointment that real learning happens... Quote by Jessica Harms.
Alexandria, Virginia (PRWEB) December 21, 2016
The Educational Theatre Association is a national nonprofit organization that supports and promotes school theatre. EdTA's mission is shaping lives through theatre education. They accomplish their mission through honoring student achievement in theatre, supporting educators, and influencing public opinion. EdTA provides professional development and support for theatre teachers in middle and high school and advocates for theatre education, theatre educators, and school theatre programs at the federal, state, and local levels. The International Thespian Society (ITS), which is managed by EdTA, is like the National Honor Society but for theatre students. ITS was established in 1929 and has inducted more than 2.2 million members.
EdTA offers memberships for educators at every stage of their career - from the theatre education major who is just starting out to the most experienced retired arts educator. EdTA provides its members with educational opportunities, awards programs, special offers and opportunities and a network of peers. All professional, pre-professional, affiliate, and emeritus members of EdTA receive the following benefits:
- access to the Theatre Education Community, a place to network, exchange ideas, get advice, and interact with others who share a passion for theatre and theatre education
- special member rates for purchasing educational resources sold through EdTA
- special EdTA member rates for all Association events and educational programs
- a subscription to Dramatics magazine (nine issues, September through May)
- a subscription to Teaching Theatre journal (four issues quarterly)
- eligibility to apply to EdTA grants and scholarships
- networking opportunities with other arts educators
- advocacy support and education
Find more information at http://www.schooltheatre.org.