Anaheim, CA (PRWEB) April 26, 2016
VidCon (vidcon.com), the world’s largest online video conference for fans, creatives and industry professionals is pleased to announce the groundbreaking Innovator Showcase, slated for the VidCon Industry Track on June 24, 2016. In the Friday morning showcase, 20 selected innovators will show off their pioneering products, services, and platforms, and highlight new capabilities and shows they’ll be launching in 2016 and beyond. The sessions will be hosted by a veritable who’s-who of top online video executives, including Kathleen Grace, Chief Creative Officer at New Form Digital, Tim Shey, Head of Scripted Originals at YouTube, Ivana Kirkbride, VP and Head of Content at Vessel, and John McCarus, Chief Strategy Officer at Federated Media.
“Vidcon is all about innovation,” said Jim Louderback, Editorial Director of VidCon’s Industry Track, “and I’m proud to bring some of the most creative storytellers and most innovative technologists together for what will be an incredible morning. Only at VidCon can you see the present and future of the online video industry as instantiated by its most creative and brilliant leaders.”
Other highlighted speakers include Judy McGrath, President and Founder of Astronauts Wanted, creators Tre Melvin and Anna Akana, Bernie Su, Co-Founder of Canvas Media, Mia Goldwyn, Chief Content Officer at StyleHaul, Max Benator of SuperGravity Pictures and Ran Harnevo, CEO of BKSTG.
The full list of honored innovators participating in this ground-breaking content is here:
- Barry Pousman, CEO - Variable Labs
- John P. Roberts, Chief Digital Officer - Bunim/Murray Productions
- Daniel Tibbets, Chief Content Officer - Machinima
- Colin Petrie-Norris, Chief Executive Officer - Xumo
- Sanjay Sharma, President and CEO - All Def Digital
- Judy McGrath, President and Founder - Astronauts Wanted
- Barry Blumberg, Chief Content Officer - Defy Media
- Bernie Su, Co-Founder - Canvas Media Studios
- Anna Akana, Creator
- Tre Melvin, Creator and Founder - Tre Melvin Productions
- Royce Disini, Co-Founder - MobCrush
- Kathleen Grace, Chief Creative Officer - New Form Digital
- Mia Goldwyn, Chief Content Officer - StyleHaul
- Matthew Hennick, Development Lead - Buzzfeed
- Ran Harnevo, CEO - BKSTG
- Nick Hayward, Co-Founder - Narrative
- Dan Weinstein, President & Co-Founder - Studio71
- Max Benator, Founder - Supergravity Pictures
- George Rausch, Director of Content - Pluto TV
- Mike Symonds, Chief Creative Officer - RocketJump
The Innovation Showcase is scheduled to run Friday, June 24, from 9am to 1pm in the 3rd Floor Ballroom at the Anaheim Convention Center. The current lineup of VidCon Industry Track speakers can be found on the VidCon website at vidcon.com/industry and passes can be purchased at vidcon.com/registration. A complete list of Industry Track panels and keynotes will be announced in the coming weeks.
VidCon is the world’s largest conference for and about online video. Held each summer in Anaheim, California, VidCon assembles fans, veteran and amateur creators, working professionals, and industry thought-leaders for three days of celebration, introspection, and discussion. Hank and John Green founded VidCon in 2010, and total attendance in 2015 was 21,000. For the fourth year in a row, YouTube has signed on as the title sponsor.
VidCon programming follows a three-track format, designed to appeal to everyone from the biggest media companies to the most passionate fans. The Industry Track features keynotes, fireside chats, seminars and product demonstrations geared toward attendees working in the online video industry. The Creator Track, now in its second year, serves attendees looking to make better content, grow their online presence, enter the industry, meet fellow creators, and learn the ins-and-outs of online video culture. The Community Track engages attendees interested in experiencing the online video culture through Q&As, discussions, concerts, interviews, movie nights, meet-ups, and games.
Though specific programming and special guests will be announced in upcoming months, VidCon experiences record ticket sales each year and routinely sells out. Anyone planning to attend is encouraged to register as soon as possible. Tickets can be purchased now at vidcon.com/registration.