“Compliance means customers can trust us to deliver secure, safe and productive IT environments that enable their businesses to maximize up-time.” - Jim Capps, President & CEO of SolidSpace
Winston-Salem, NC (PRWEB) March 08, 2017
SolidSpace today announced that the company’s datacenter has achieved Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 compliance as established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. The Moore Group, CPA and SOC audit specialists, validated the compliance through independent analysis.
The audit confirms the SolidSpace datacenter is proficient in satisfying five controls specifically related to IT and datacenter service providers:
- Security: The datacenter is protected against unauthorized online and physical access.
- Availability: IT assets in the datacenter are always available to customers for operation and use.
- Processing Integrity: System processing is complete, accurate, timely and authorized.
- Confidentiality: Information designated as confidential is protected.
- Privacy: Information is collected, used, retained, and disclosed in conformity to privacy standards.
“SOC 2 is a big milestone for which our company is very proud,” said James Capps III, the President & CEO of SolidSpace as well as a company co-founder. “Compliance means customers can trust us to deliver secure, safe and productive IT environments that enable their businesses to maximize up-time.”
SolidSpace Datacenter Capabilities
SolidSpace began the SOC 2 compliance process in 2016 after launching a new facility in Winston-Salem that increases the datacenter’s security and resiliency as well as the IT compute resources customers can access. The new SolidSpace datacenter now features several key capabilities:
- Scalable colocation solutions, from 1U racks to private suites with dedicated servers.
- Private, public and hybrid cloud environments.
- Tier-3 professionals who manage and support projects from conception to operation.
- Full redundancy utilizing resilient systems.
- Latest-generation solutions from VMware, OpenStack, Dell EMC, Fortigate, Brocade, Cisco, QNAP, CloudStack, Asigra, R1Soft, AVG, Tenable and SolarWinds.
“Providing all of these capabilities and our compliance with SSAE 16 SOC 2 Type II demonstrates our relentless pursuit to deliver exemplary datacenter services to our clients, Capps said. “Our skilled approach enables us to elevate our colocation, server hosting and disaster recovery services to the point where our customers achieve optimal system performance. Going forward, we will continue to focus on the exceptional delivery of these core services.”
Launched in 1993, SolidSpace is based in North Carolina along with many of the world’s largest datacenters including Apple, Google and Microsoft. SolidSpace leverages investments in industry-leading technology, equipment, training and infrastructure to provide colocation datacenter services, physical/virtual server hosting and disaster recovery services. The company’s consultative approach to datacenter services fulfills current hosting needs and future requirements—featuring a combination of cloud, facilities-based, and hybrid hosting solutions that deliver flexibility and scalability while also exceeding customer expectations. For more information, visit http://www.solidspace.com.