Milwaukee, Wis. (PRWEB) April 19, 2017
ASQ will present its Distinguished Service Medals and 13 other Society Medals April 30 in Charlotte, N.C., prior to its annual World Conference on Quality and Improvement.
ASQ is the leading authority on quality and recognizes recipients for their innovative contributions and achievements in quality. Winners’ exemplary achievements are representative of the ideas and tools that make our world work better.
Each individual will be recognized during ASQ’s annual business meeting, Sunday, April 30.
Distinguished Service Medal Winner
ASQ’s Distinguished Service Medal represents the highest distinction for service from ASQ and honors the lifetime contribution of any person who has been recognized as a long-term enabler, catalyst or prime mover in the quality movement. The Distinguished Service Medals for 2016 have been awarded to:
- Robert E. King, GOAL/QPC (retired), IAQ Publications, Salem, N.H.
2017 Society Medals
- Crosby Medal presented to Roderick Munro, RAM Q Universe Inc., Lewes, Del.
- Crosby Medal presented to Daniel J. Zrymiak, Accenture, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
- Crosby Medal presented to Govindarajan Ramu, SunPower Corp., San Jose, Calif.
- Deming Medal presented to David Langford, Langford International Inc., Molt, Mont.
- Feigenbaum Medal presented to Dr. Alessio Griffoni, OSRAM SpA, Treviso, Italy
- Grant Medal presented to John Vandenbemden, Q-Met-Tech LLC, Union, Ky.
- Freund-Marquardt Medal presented to Dr. Nigel Howard Croft, Campinas, SP, Brazil
- Hromi Medal presented to C. Robert Pennella, U.S. Department of Defense (Retired), Springfield, N.J.
- Hutchens Medal presented to Marty T. Neese, SunPower Corp., San Jose, Calif.
- Juran Medal presented to Jack Welch, Jack Welch Management Institute, Herndon, Va.
- Lancaster Medal presented to Elizabeth M. Keim, Integrated Quality Resources LLC, Niwot, Colo.
- Shainin Medal presented to Craig Hysong, Shainin, Detroit, Mich.
- Shewhart Medal presented to Dr. David M. Steinberg, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Brumbaugh Award presented to R. Jock Mackay and Stefan Steiner of the University of Waterloo, Waterloo Canada; and Yi Lu, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- Gryna Award presented to Brandon Phillips, Texas A&M University-Central Texas, Killeen, Texas; Daniel Peak, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas; Victor R. Prybutok, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
To learn more about the award winners, please visit asq.org/newsroom.
ASQ World Conference Keynotes
The ASQ 2017 World Conference on Quality and Improvement, May 1–3, will feature five keynotes speakers, including Jeremy Gutsche, entrepreneur, CEO, innovation expert and best-selling author; Celeste Headlee, award-winning journalist and author of “Heard Mentality: An A to Z Guide to Taking Your Radio Show or Podcast from Idea to Hit”; Kelly McGonigal, psychologist and lecturer at Stanford Graduate School of Business; Geoff Colvin, senior editor-at-large, Fortune Magazine, and best-selling author/commentator on business and economic issues; and Dr. Sebastian Wernicke, chief data scientist at One Logic.
ASQ’s conference will feature sessions that will cover topics including quality fundamentals, leadership and innovation that are critical to a variety of industries.
ASQ is a global community of people dedicated to quality who share the ideas and tools that make our world work better. With millions of individual and organizational members of the community in 150 countries, ASQ has the reputation and reach to bring together the diverse quality champions who are transforming the world’s corporations, organizations and communities to meet tomorrow’s critical challenges. ASQ, with its world headquarters in Milwaukee, Wis., USA, operates regional centers in the U.S. and Canada, North Asia, South Asia, Latin America and Middle East and Africa. Learn more about ASQ’s members, mission, technologies and training at asq.org.