Have your trees checked by an ISA Certified Arborist for cracks hidden deadwood and unsafe root conditions.
Huntingdon Valley, PA (PRWEB) April 24, 2017
Arbor Day shines a spotlight on everything trees from greening up our environment by planting new trees to taking care of the trees we already have. To help homeowners learn how to protect their valuable trees, Giroud Tree and Lawn provides Spring Tree Care Tips explaining the warning signs of tree health problems and the best actions to take now. The accompanying video demonstrates how tree pruning is an important part of keeping trees safe, healthy and beautiful.
Let’s start with the Top 5 Warning Signs that indicate a tree’s health is in jeopardy. Spring is arriving late for most trees in the Philadelphia area. Be on the alert for:
1. Poor bud development: Check branches for buds that are smaller or less developed than the rest of the tree or dried or no buds at the tips. Also, look for uneven bloom on flowering trees.
2. Leaf irregularities: Look for leaves that are late coming out, yellowing, discolored or dwarfed and lack of new growth.
3. Insects: One of the biggest insect problems this year is Borers with Emerald Ash Borer leading the list. Emerald Ash Borer is 100% fatal to Ash trees. Professional treatment is the only way to protect Ash from this deadly pest.
4. Decay: Mushrooms and shelf fungi are symptoms of decay when growing out of the root system or trunk of a tree. Another sign of decay is a cavity. If the decay is extensive, then the tree may be hazardous.
5. Excessive deadwood: Dead branches can be a serious safety hazard to people and property. Brittle branches tend to break more easily in storms.
So, how can a homeowner protect tree health and safety? Here are the 5 key actions to take now:
1. Have your trees checked by an ISA Certified Arborist: Trees should be inspected for cracks, hidden deadwood and unsafe root conditions which are prime targets for storm damage and disease.
2. Prune: Remove weak, dead or weakly attached limbs, thin crowns for improved air flow and elevate branches away from your pool, driveway and walks
3. Install cable supports in weak limbs: Trees with multiple trunks or included bark often require tree cable supports to keep from splitting apart. The hardware must fit the specific problem and be installed at the proper height and tension.
4. Fertilize now for maximum benefit: Ensure a tree service professional uses a time release formula with Bio-stimulants to replenish the nutrients lost to the lawn and other plantings.
5. Control Insect and Disease Problems: The key is always to catch problems early before they turn into major issues. Timing for treatment is also critical. Problems must be treated when the insect or disease is most vulnerable.
Finally, if trees show one or more of the warning signs listed above, the problem may be in the soil. The ISA Certified Arborists at Giroud Tree and Lawn test the soil, evaluate the roots and if needed develop a customized treatment program to nurture the tree back to health. For more information, contact the company at 215-682-7704.
About Giroud Tree and Lawn
Giroud Tree and Lawn specializes in tree service, tree removal and lawn care programs that make customers love doing business with the company since 1974. Serving Bucks, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties, the company offers professional tree and lawn evaluation, tree pruning, tree removal, insect and disease control, fertilizing, stump removal and traditional and 100% organic lawn programs to keep lawns healthy and green . Giroud Arborists are certified by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and have the knowledge and experience required to properly diagnose, treat and maintain trees and lawn health. The company is Accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has been awarded the Angie's List Super Service Award® every year since 2005. The “Giroud Treework for Charity” program donates free tree care services to parks, historical sites and other non-profit organizations located in the Company’s service area. For more information, visit the company website at http://www.giroudtree.com or call 215-682-7704.