New York, NY (PRWEB) May 02, 2017
The upcoming HIMSS Big Data & Healthcare Analytics Forum, the nation’s leading show for health analytics, convenes this month to highlight the next generation of Big Data and what the world’s top data experts are doing to reduce costs and improve patient care. The event kicks off at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco, May 15-16, 2017.
HIMSS welcomes keynotes Stefano M. Bertozzi, UC Berkeley’s Dean and Professor of Public Health Policy and Management; Leonard D’Avolio, Harvard Medical School Assistant Professor; and Stanford Health Care’s Zeeshan Syed, Director of the Clinical Inference & Algorithms Program, to the stage May 15-16, 2017. They’ll join alongside 27 other world-class speakers from forward-thinking institutions, including Advocate Health Care, El Camino Hospital, and Sutter Health.
“We’re bringing in organizations at the forefront of health analytics to help attendees establish a first-class analytics strategy that works for their own organization,” said John Whelan, Executive Vice President, HIMSS Media. “Sessions will explore how the nation’s top innovators and data scientists are tapping analytics to disrupt the healthcare industry, ultimately driving ROI and delivering better patient care.”
Sponsored by 3M, HealthDataViz, Jvion, PureStorage, Qlik, and Siemens Healthineers the two-day Big Data & Healthcare Analytics Forum features 17 deep-dive sessions and eight unique networking opportunities – all intended to provide critical data guidelines and business solutions attendees can put into action to improve patient care. Session topics will explore eliminating data silos; driving ROI; data warehousing; driving adoption; population health; predictive analytics; preventing readmissions; non-traditional datasets; and machine learning.
- Harvard Medical School/Brigham & Women’s Hospital: Leonard D’Avolio, Assistant Professor
- Stanford University School of Medicine: Zeeshan Syed, Clinical Associate Professor
- UC Berkeley School of Public Health: Stefano M. Bertozzi, Dean and Professor of Health Policy and Management
- Advocate Health Care: Anupam Goel, Vice President of Clinical Information
- El Camino Hospital: Cheryl Reinking, RN, Chief Nursing Officer
- Dignity Health: Gurmeet Sran, Medical Director of Health Analytics
- Healthcare Center of Excellence: J. Bryan Bennett, Executive Director
- HIMSS Analytics: Brendan FitzGerald, Research Director, Research Services
- MetroHealth: Craig Richmond, SVP and Chief Financial Officer
- Presbyterian Healthcare Services: Soyal Momin, Vice President, Data & Analytics
- Sutter Health: Sameer Badlani, Chief Health Information Officer
- UCLA Health: Joycee Berin, Director of Business Intelligence, Office of Health Informatics & Analytics
- UCSF Health: Ami Parekh, MD, Executive Medical Director, Population Health and Accountable Care
- University of Chicago: Samuel Volchenboum, MD, Director, Center for Research Informatics
Visit our event website for more information, to register now, or see a complete speaker lineup.
HIMSS is a global voice, advisor, convener, and thought leader of health transformation through the best use of IT with a unique breadth and depth of expertise and capabilities to improve the quality, safety, and cost-effectiveness of health and healthcare. Through its network of over 1 million professionals, including 64,000-plus members, HIMSS advises leaders, stakeholders and influencers globally on IT best practices to ensure decision-makers have the right information at the right time to make the right decisions. HIMSS North America, HIMSS Analytics, Personal Connected Health Alliance, HIMSS Media and HIMSS International (HIMSS Europe, HIMSS Asia and HIMSS Middle East) are the five business units of HIMSS. A not-for-profit headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HIMSS has additional offices in North America, Europe, United Kingdom, and Asia.
About HIMSS Media
HIMSS Media is the fastest growing B2B media group focused exclusively on healthcare and technology markets. Through its suite of market-leading brands, such as Healthcare IT News, Healthcare Finance and MobiHealthNews, HIMSS Media delivers news, analysis and must-have information to an audience of senior healthcare and technology influencers. HIMSS Media is also the leading producer of important live events, such as MobiHealthNews 2016, Privacy & Security Forum, Pop Health Forum, Revenue Cycle Solutions Summit, and Big Data and Healthcare Analytics Forum.