We believe in the importance of professional certificates and are thrilled to offer students a best-in-class program, taught by industry professionals, that allows them to advance their careers and to also have a natural pathway to Master's programs.
New York, NY (PRWEB) May 09, 2017
The Fordham Real Estate Institute at Lincoln Center is pleased to announce the expansion of its real estate certificate programs, with new four and five-day intensive courses taking place this summer as well as new areas of study, Commercial and Residential Property Management, launching in the fall.
Beginning in June, the Real Estate Institute will offer the following four or five-day intensive courses at Fordham’s Lincoln Center campus:
- Construction Project Management Intensive (June 5-9): Focuses on the essential concepts and specialized competencies to plan, manage and deliver quality construction projects on time, within budget and, ultimately, with high client satisfaction.
- Real Estate Finance and Investment Intensive I: Financial Analysis (June 5-9): Provides the essential foundation of commercial real estate financial analysis, asset valuation and investment analysis. Through real-world applications, participants will acquire the skills to develop a property operating statement, determine net operating income, and apply capitalization rates to estimate property value.
- Real Estate Finance and Investment Intensive II: Debt and Equity Finance (June 12-16): Builds upon the financial analysis and property valuation concepts covered in Real Estate Finance and Investment Intensive I and progresses to understanding how debt and equity is sourced and structured to finance real estate transactions.
- Real Estate Finance and Investment Intensive III: Investment Decision Analysis (June 19-22): Furthers students’ understanding of commercial real estate investment by applying the concepts learned in the previous real estate finance and investment intensive courses to specific real estate investment cases. Through hands-on exercises, students are provided the opportunity to practice their newly acquired skills and to think critically about the cases that are presented.
- Real Estate Development Intensive I: Market and Feasibility Analysis (June 26-30): Examines the range of critical real estate development activities performed prior to the construction phase of a project. Participants will learn the concepts and specialized skills that go into the development of a proposal for the purposes of obtaining equity investor buy-in and debt financing.
- Real Estate Development Intensive II: Project Delivery (July 10-14): Furthers the understanding of the real estate development process by providing the essential leadership, management and reporting concepts and skills to deliver a project on time and within budget, while meeting predetermined project scope, quality and occupancy targets.
In addition, the Real Estate Institute will offer professional certificates in Commercial and Residential Property Management beginning in the fall.
“Since launching the Fordham Real Estate Institute in December, our goal has always been to continually grow and expand our offerings for real estate professionals in New York City and beyond,” said Anthony R. Davidson, PhD, MBA, dean of Fordham’s School of Professional and Continuing Studies, which houses the Real Estate Institute. “We believe in the importance of professional certificates and are thrilled to offer students a best-in-class program, taught by industry professionals, that allows them to advance their careers and to also have a natural pathway to Master's programs as well.”
Registration is open for all summer intensives and summer courses, and registration for the fall is expected to begin in late May in all six areas of study: Finance and Investment, Financial Modeling, Real Estate Development, Construction Project Management, Commercial Property Management and Residential Property Management. Courses are currently held in person at Fordham’s centrally located Lincoln Center campus as well as online. For more information and to register for courses, visit http://www.fordham.edu/realestate.
ABOUT FORDHAM REAL ESTATE INSTITUTE AT LINCOLN CENTER
Fordham Real Estate Institute at Lincoln Center is an innovative, practical, and world-class professional certificate program based in the real estate capital of the world. Serving professionals and owners/investors of all stripes, the program has six specialized tracks: Finance and Investment, Financial Modeling, Real Estate Development, Construction Project Management, Commercial Property Management and Residential Property Management. Program curriculum is centered on real-world skill sets and taught by talented industry insiders. Flexibility and convenience are program hallmarks: classes can be taken in-person, online, and at various paces. For more information, visit http://www.fordham.edu/realestate.