Five of the Park’s museums will become tasting galleries, each hosting a different theme that will unite the wine, beer and food tastings, art exhibitions and live performances, and live music.
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) May 24, 2017
Balboa Park’s newest event, The Vine Affair, is aged nearly to perfection, decanting Friday, June 2, 2017, 6:00-10:00 p.m. This stylish celebration offers wine, art, beer, artisan food and live entertainment to suit every palate.
Five of the Park’s museums will become tasting galleries, each hosting a different theme that will unite the wine, beer and food tastings, art exhibitions and live performances, and live music. The San Diego History Center will also host The Vine Affair’s wine education series in which celebrated vintners, sommeliers and brewers will reveal the secrets of winemaking and brewing to teach attendees to become true connoisseurs.
Some highlights from each tasting gallery include:
The Fleet Science Center, featuring a British theme in honor of their current exhibition, Sherlock Holmes and the Clocktower Mystery.
- British-themed food, sherry and wine-style beer
- Steampunk rock by kaleidoscopic musical sideshow The Velveteen Band
- Traditional and modern English folk dances performed by Moreton Bay Fig Morris
The San Diego Art Institute’s Eclectic theme will explore wine’s place in popular culture through a variety of live performances.
- An eclectic presentation of food and beverage tastings from wine to sake, chocolate to cheese
- San Diego video artist Geoff Pritchard explores the role of TV and Internet featuring viral footage of “The Grape Fall”
- Artist Charles Snowden will perform a live ceramic sculpture
- Art exhibit “Extra-Ordinary Collusion” featuring more than 23 artist and scientist collaborations
The San Diego History Center celebrates the history and heritage of San Diego’s Jewish Community.
- An enchanting performance by San Diego harpist Charissa Barger
- Local klezmer band Yale Strom & Hot Pstromi fuses traditional klezmer, new Jewish music, Gypsy, khasidic, world beat and Balkan music
- Food tastings of Jewish-inspired food, wines and brews
The Balboa Park Conservancy, in conjunction with The Prado Restaurant, will honor Balboa Park’s heritage with a Spanish themed tasting room.
- A bounteous selection of Spanish wine, paella, and tapas
- Crowds will delight to the true flamenco tradition courtesy of Spanish guitarist Oscar Aragon
The San Diego Model Railroad Museum will swing into 50s and 60s mid-century glamour.
- San Diego-native Jason Hanna’s jazz trumpet will keep the joint jumpin’
- A live-performance painting by Bonnie Chance
- Sip and taste retro-inspired flavors
Tickets are on sale now at http://www.thevineaffair.org. Unlimited tasting—$65, VIP—$100, designated driver—$35.
For more information, visit our website http://www.thevineaffair.org, or follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheVineAffair/, Twitter https://twitter.com/@The_Vine_Affair, & Instagram https://www.instagram.com/thevineaffair.
ABOUT BALBOA PARK CULTURAL PARTNERSHIP
Balboa Park Cultural Partnership is a nonprofit organization through which 30 arts, science and cultural institutions in Balboa Park collaborate to achieve shared goals. By helping these groups achieve greater organizational efficiency, innovation and excellence, it seeks to contribute to the vitality and sustainability of Balboa Park. For more information visit http://www.bpcp.org.
# # #