Daniel will bring critical strategies around incident response, risk mitigation, and his past experience with handling the most prominent cyber attacks in the U.S.
New York, NY (PRWEB) July 27, 2017
HIMSS announced today that Michael Daniel, Cybersecurity Coordinator to President Barack Obama from 2012-2016, will keynote Day 2 of the HIMSS Healthcare Security Forum, the nation’s foremost event for health organizations tackling data security. The event kicks off at the Sheraton Boston Hotel, Sept. 11-13, 2017.
Daniel will deliver his keynote, The Evolving Healthcare Information Security Organization, Sept. 12, 2017.
“Michael Daniel is one of the nation’s foremost cybersecurity experts. It is with great pleasure that we bring him to the stage at the HIMSS Healthcare Security Forum,” said John Whelan, Executive Vice President, HIMSS Media. “Daniel will bring critical strategies around incident response, risk mitigation, and his past experience with handling the most prominent cyber attacks in the U.S.”
Sponsored by Connection, Edge Hosting, IBM, Mimecast, Radiant Logic, Sailpoint, and Unisys, the three-day Healthcare Security Forum features 40+ deep-dive sessions, eight networking sessions, and brings together prominent security experts from leading organizations who will share critical strategies around cybersecurity; incident response; emerging threats; ransomware, risk management, identity and access management; HIPAA audits; medical device security; strategic communication; BAAs, and more.
- Cybersecurity Coordinator to President Barack Obama 2012 -2016 & Special Assistant to the President Michael Daniel
- Children’s National Health System: Chad Wilson, Director of Information Security
- Christiana Care Health System: Anahi Santiago, CISO
- HITRUST: Michael Parisi, VP of Assurance, Strategy and Community Development
- Intermountain Healthcare: Bruce James, Director, Cybersecurity Architecture
- Johns Hopkins: Darren Lacey, CISO
- MIT: Stuart Madnick, John Norris Maguire Professor of Information Technology
- Northeastern University: Engin Kirda, Professor, College of Computer & Information Science
- Partners HealthCare: Jigar Kadakia, Chief Information Security & Privacy Officer
- Sentara Healthcare: Dan Bowden, CISO
- Texas Children’s Hospital: Sanjeev Sav, CISO
- Troutman Sanders: Steven Gravely, Partner
- UMC Health System: Phil Alexander, Director of Information Security
- UPMC: John Houston, VP Privacy and Information Security
- Visit our event website for more information, to register now, or see a complete speaker lineup.
About HIMSS Media
HIMSS Media is the fastest growing B2B media group focused exclusively on healthcare and technology markets. Through its suite of market-leading brands, such as Healthcare IT News, Healthcare Finance and MobiHealthNews, HIMSS Media delivers news, analysis and must-have information to an audience of senior healthcare and technology influencers. HIMSS Media is also the leading producer of important live events, such as MobiHealthNews 2016, Privacy & Security Forum, Pop Health Forum, Revenue Cycle Solutions Summit, and Big Data and Healthcare Analytics Forum.
HIMSS is a global voice, advisor, convener, and thought leader of health transformation through the best use of IT with a unique breadth and depth of expertise and capabilities to improve the quality, safety, and cost-effectiveness of health and healthcare. Through its network of over 1 million professionals, including 64,000-plus members, HIMSS advises leaders, stakeholders and influencers globally on IT best practices to ensure decision-makers have the right information at the right time to make the right decisions. HIMSS North America, HIMSS Analytics, Personal Connected Health Alliance, HIMSS Media and HIMSS International (HIMSS Europe, HIMSS Asia and HIMSS Middle East) are the five business units of HIMSS. A not-for-profit headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HIMSS has additional offices in North America, Europe, United Kingdom, and Asia.