The Capitol is adding dinner theatre events in the Wood Center, ghost and paranormal investigation classes, themed birthday parties, and fun add-ons like an Elvis costume contest.
Chambersburg PA (PRWEB) July 31, 2017
The Franklin County Visitors Bureau is proud to announce the Capitol Theatre’s 2017-2018 Season plus a new Capitol Cash Saver Discount Ticket Program. Capitol Theatre Manager Jon Meyer explains, “This is our patron’s opportunity to save money on tickets purchased in advance and purchasing a minimum of four different Capitol Theatre presentations in the 2017-2018 season,” says Meyer. The Capitol is adding dinner theatre events in the Wood Center, ghost and paranormal investigation classes, themed birthday parties, and fun add-ons like an Elvis costume contest.
The season opens with David Kings’ Elvis: The Man-The Music on Friday, September 8 at 7 PM and Saturday, September 9, at 3 PM. Relive Elvis through the 50s, the movie years, and a dynamic Vegas-style concert. Plus, enjoy the Elvis Costume Contest!
Rounding out September is 7 Bridges – Musical Tribute to the Eagles on Saturday, September 30, at 8 PM. It is the ultimate Eagles experience. The First Annual Wilford Binder Spirit of the Arts Award Dinner Event honors Paul Cullinane in the Wood Center with a Hollywood Experience and dinner. Combo tickets available.
The 2017-2018 season offers:
- Pinkalicious and Pink Party on Saturday, October 7, 3 PM.
- Ghost Classes on Saturdays from 10 AM to Noon on 10/28, 11/25, 12/30, 2/24, and 4/7.
- Paranormal Investigation on Sundays 3 PM to 7 PM on 11/5, 12/3, 1/14, 2/11,3/11, and 4/15.
- Clairvoyant and psychic medium, Bill Stillman on Halloween, October 31, at 7 PM.
- CSN Songs - A Crosby, Still, Nash Tribute on Friday, November 3, at 7 PM.
- Letters Home, a play highlighting actual letters of soldiers serving in the Middle East, on Sunday, November 12 at 3 PM (Free Admission for Veterans)
- Houdini! on Saturday, November 18 in the Wood Center is dinner theatre. Meal starts at 5:30 PM; show begins at 7 PM.
- Rockapella Christmas! on Saturday, December 9 at 7 PM
- White Christmas (Film) & Holiday Social Hour Thursday, Dec 21 at 3 PM & 6 PM
- Hank Williams Tribute on Friday, December 29 at 7 PM.
- Jerusalum Jones and the Mystery of the Dead Sea Scrolls on Sunday, Jan 7, 2018 at 3 PM.
- Magic of Motown on Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 7 PM
- Tapestry Tribute To Carole King on Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 7 PM.
- Mark Nizer – World Class Juggler on Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 4 PM
- Mountain Music & Moonshie with bands Nothin’ Fancy & Circa Blue on February 2, 2018 at 7 PM.
- Men Are From Mars Women Are From Venus on Saturday, February 10 at 7 PM. (Great Valentine’s Date Night)
- Forbidden Broadway on Saturday, February 17 at 7 PM
- Irish Happy Hour for St. Patrick’s Day (Wood Center) with Across the Pond Band on Friday, March 16, 5:30 PM to 8 PM. Food from the Garry Owen Irish Pub
- Rhythm of the Dance on Thursday, March 29 at 7 PM
- Johnny Cash Tribute by James Garner and musicians on Saturday, April 14 at 7 PM
- Edgar Allen Poe Dinner Theatre/Buffet on Saturday, April 21 in the Wood Center; performed by Duffy Hudson. Meal starts 5:30 PM; show begins at 7 PM.
- Young Playwright’s Festival on Sunday, April 22 at 2 PM and 6 PM.
- Ladies of Laughter on Saturday, April 28 at 7 PM in the Wood Center, featuring Kelly McFarland and Chris Rich with MC Ken Watter
- Blues, Brews & Barbecue on Saturday, May 5, 1 PM to 7 PM in the back lot of Capitol Theatre Center
- Summer Movie Madness returns with introductions by community leaders in June, July and August 2018
- A Cappella & Unplugged – Round 1 on Saturday, June 16, 2018 at 7 PM
A full season is waiting. Tickets on sale today at http://www.thecapitoltheatre.org. Most shows offer beer and wine.
The Franklin County Visitors Bureau invites all to explore history, arts and architecture, recreation, natural beauty, fresh foods and the warm hospitality of communities like Chambersburg, Greencastle, Mercersburg, Shippensburg, and Waynesboro. Franklin County PA is located just north of the Mason Dixon Line and is an easy drive to Washington DC, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh. Discover more….plan a visit soon at ExploreFranklinCountyPA.com or by contacting 866.646.8060.