We’re thrilled to demo the aircraft and answer questions about our game-changing UAS, as well as to invite potential partners and customers to participate in our open-source Payload Partner Program.
Santa Monica, California (PRWEB) August 30, 2017
FlightWave Aerospace Systems, Inc. unveils the new FlightWave Edge™ UAS in booth #514 during the 2017 International Drone Conference & Exposition (InterDrone), beginning September 6 at the Rio Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The California-based startup brings new capabilities to customers who need a sustained aerial presence in high-wind maritime or dry-land missions. FlightWave’s premier product, the Edge™, is a long-range, high-endurance hybrid VTOL aircraft, designed and manufactured in the U.S. It’s distinguishing features include:
- Easy to Use: No nets, no catapults, and no cumbersome ground equipment. The Edge’s quick, tool-free assembly, payload swapping, and click-to-fly touchscreen tablet controller mean users are flying, vertically or horizontally, in a few minutes.
- Autonomy: Easy to use automated flight planning with the touchscreen controller for most missions, with manual piloting available for pros who want it.
- Great Endurance: Enjoy two+ hours continuous fight time in cruise and up to 100 km round-trip range per charge.
- All-weather: Weather resistant and wind rejection up to 35 knots means very few days on the ground.
- Versatile: Transform from tri-copter to forward flight automatically in seconds.
- Swappable Payloads: Easily integrate included or custom payloads, thanks to the swappable twist-lock payload bay.
- Portability: The Edge quickly breaks down for stowing and transporting in its case to go anywhere.
- Sustainable: The Edge is all-electric, highly efficient, and optionally leverages solar power for increased range and endurance.
FlightWave — an InterDrone Silver Sponsor — will demo the Edge™ in the Yes-Fly Zone on Thursday, September 7, at 2:20 p.m. (local time). Co-founder and CTO Trent Lukaczyk will also speak during the Future of Drone Sense and Avoid Technology panel on Wednesday, September 6, at 4:15 p.m.
“We’re very excited to be at InterDrone and to unveil the Edge™ for the world to see,” said FlightWave CMO Edmund Cronin. “The Edge is a serious tool for challenging missions that require long range, long endurance, and water-resistant all-environment reliability. We’re thrilled to demo the aircraft and answer questions about our game-changing UAS, as well as to invite potential partners and customers to participate in our open-source Payload Partner Program.”
Limited Time Offer
Because FlightWave is dedicated to offering cost-effective ways for government agencies, private companies, or nonprofit organizations to accomplish their critical missions, the first 100 customers to order the Limited Edition FlightWave Edge UAS will receive a $2,500 discount. Customers are able to reserve the aircraft with a $1,000 deposit with an expected delivery in Q1 of 2018.
Open Source Payload Development Kit
FlightWave invites partners and customers to get their own vision in the air quickly and easily by participating in the company’s Payload Partner Program — an initiative to open-source the kit to design the Edge’s payload. FlightWave provides everything needed for payload developers to integrate their payload on the Edge™, from three-dimensional models to interface specs for data and power pins. The FlightWave Aerospace certification program tests and certifies payloads submitted by developers. Once the FlightWave team certifies a proposed design to ensure safety, the new product can be added to FlightWave’s online catalog of Edge™ UAS payloads, allowing partners to generate additional business.
FlightWave Aerospace Systems Inc. is a California-based aerospace company that designs and manufactures unmanned aerial systems. Our groundbreaking technology enables aerial operations in any condition anywhere on the planet, empowering government agencies, private companies, and nonprofits to get more mission for their money. Whether your goal is protecting assets, mapping the environment, or monitoring wildlife, FlightWave has one mission in mind — yours.
Learn more about the FlightWave Edge™ UAS at http://flightwave.aero.