Omaha, NE (PRWEB) September 05, 2017
Too few people realize that there is far more to a legacy than cash and property. The “Legacy Planning” process can be an opportunity to share values, educate children, and draw families closer together while benefiting the causes they care deeply about. In his new book, The Legacy Spectrum, Mark A. Weber provides the tools needed to do all of this and more.
Weber, a Principal at SilverStone Group (a risk management, employee benefits and wealth management consulting firm), has worked with high-net-worth families for nearly 30 years. For the past six years, he has facilitated the Omaha Charitable Advisor in Philanthropy® Study Group program, teaching over 80 professional advisors. In The Legacy Spectrum, Weber combines the lessons learned from both his practice and the classroom in an easy-to-read book for couples and advisors.
“I wrote The Legacy Spectrum to fill a gap in how most individuals and advisors approach estate planning,” says Weber. Weber’s “Legacy Planning” process incorporates:
- Achieving confidence in one’s own financial security
- Determining how much is “enough” for one’s children
- Passing as much wealth as desired with minimal cost and taxation
- Passing personal values to children
- Equipping children to handle the money they receive wisely and in accordance with their families’ values
- Sharing surplus assets with important causes and local communities
- Recognizing that love of one’s children and a desire to make a positive difference in this world are not exclusive to the ultra-affluent, Weber makes many of the techniques they use available to those of more modest wealth. The Legacy Spectrum includes case studies, worksheets, agendas for family meetings and sample letters.
This insightful guide is essential reading for parents grappling with the legacies they wish to leave their families and the professional advisors who work with them.
About the Author
Mark A. Weber, JD, MSFS, CLU, ChFC, AEP, CAP is a Principal at SilverStone Group, a risk management, employee benefits and wealth management firm in Omaha, Nebraska. He has provided financial and estate planning advice to some of the wealthiest families in America and, through his involvement with the Chartered Advisor In Philanthropy Program of The American College of Financial Services, has benefited hundreds of families, nonprofit organizations and communities. For more information visit http://www.thelegacyspectrum.com.
THE LEGACY SPECTRUM
Passing Your Wealth With Thought And Meaning
By Mark A. Weber
Publisher: Vinton Street Press
Publication date: June 2017
Price: $18.95 / softcover