Grinnell, Iowa (PRWEB) September 08, 2017
Fifteen fairground improvement projects are finalists for Grinnell Mutual’s Fairground Facelift initiative to support local fairgrounds across its writing territories. With help from Facebook fans, Grinnell Mutual will distribute a total of $7,000 to five winners to help local fairgrounds bring their improvement projects to life.
“The local fairground represents both the history and the future of agriculture in our communities. Supporting efforts to enhance their local facilities gives community members a sense of pride and belonging,” said Barb Baker, director of advertising and community relations. “We encourage you to support your favorite project by voting for a Fairground Facelift grant on Grinnell Mutual's Facebook page.”
Fairground Facelift finalists:
- Adams County Fairgrounds, West Union, Ohio — “Tom White Memorial Dirt Complex”: Replace and repair worn and damaged seating.
- Custer County Fairgrounds, Clinton, Okla. — “Bring the Outhouse In-House”: Add bathrooms and dressing area to the livestock exhibit building.
- Daviess County 4-H Grounds, Washington, Ind. — “Project Rewire!”: Update and replace electrical wiring in the livestock barns.
- Floyd County Fairgrounds, Charles City, Iowa — “Youth Enrichment Center”: Purchase kitchen equipment to have a fully functional kitchen, with refrigerator, stove, and microwave.
- Franklin County Fair, Hampton, Iowa — “Pleasant Hill Post Office and Barber Shop Comes Back to Life”: Add new doors, windows, and siding to the post office/barber shop.
- Green Lake County Fair, Green Lake, Wis. — “Udderly Desperate”: Replace the failing pumping system in the milk house so dairy exhibitors can milk their cows during the fair.
- Hayes County Fair, Hayes Center, Neb. — “Sheep Need a Home”: Purchase pens for sheep.
- Knox County 4-H Pavilion, Edina, Mo. — “Safety Improvement Project”: Replace rotting support posts in the barn, install energy efficient lighting and cooling fans, and add a new concrete at the wash rack.
- Morgan County Fair & 4-H Club Association, Martinsville, Ind. — “4-H Goat Project”: Build pens and a milking stand for the 4-H goats shown.
- Morrison County Fairgrounds, Little Falls, Minn. — “Flush-trated”: Make improvements to fairground restrooms including plumbing, paint, and baby changing stations.
- Renville County Fairground, Mohall, N.D. — “Bummer for the Bunnies”: Build or update a small animal barn for bunnies and chickens.
- Rock County Fairgrounds, Luverne, Minn. — “Ticket Booth Refurbish”: Fix up the historical ticket booth located at the north entry of the fairgrounds.
- W.H. Lyon Fairgrounds, Sioux Falls, S.D. — “Lighting Upgrade to Arts Center”: Upgrade lighting in the Arts Center, home to 1,460 exhibits from about 180 exhibitors. The Arts Center has never upgraded its electrical system.
- Whiteside County Fair, Morrison, Ill. — “Entry Arch for the Main Entrance”: Build and install a metal arch at the fair entrance to replace the old brick arch.
- Clinton County Fairgrounds, Carlyle, Ill. — “Pig Pen Project”: Upgrade the show ring to concrete from the current dirt floor and relocate the wash rack.
Facebook users may vote once per day. Voting will close Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2017, at noon (CT). The project with the highest number of votes will receive a $3,000 grant. The projects finishing second, third, fourth, and fifth place in voting will each receive a $1,000 grant.
About Grinnell Mutual
Grinnell Mutual, in business since 1909, is the 109th-largest property casualty insurance company in the United States and the largest primary reinsurer of farm mutual companies in North America. The company provides reinsurance for farm mutual insurance companies as well as property and casualty insurance. Its products are available in 15 states.
For more information:
Digital Marketing Strategist