For the first time ever, the public will decide which quilts will win the highest honors in an international quilt contest.
Paducah, Kentucky (PRWEB) September 12, 2017
The American Quilter’s Society is pleased to announce the start of public voting for the top awards in the AQS Quilt Contest at AQS QuiltWeek – Fall Paducah, Kentucky. For the first time ever, the public will decide which quilts will win the highest honors in an international quilt contest.
Beginning at 6:00 p.m. (Central Time) on Tuesday, September 12, 2017, the 15 First Place winners, selected by our team of three expert quilt judges, will be available online for voting. Each person will be able to cast a vote for the one quilt they choose for Best of Show.
The public vote will decide the following prizes:
1. Janome America Best of Show, $20,000, will be awarded to the finalist that receives the most votes from among all 15 finalists.
2. Gammill Best Wall Quilt, $11,000, will be awarded to the finalist that receives the most votes from among the Wall Quilt finalists.
3. The highest number of votes will also determine the winners for 1st Place Overall through 5th Place Overall after the Best of Show and Best Wall Quilt are determined.
a. Baby Lock USA 1st Place Overall, $10,000
b. AQS 2nd Place Overall, $9,000
c. Innova 3rd Place Overall, $8,000
d. APQS 4th Place Overall, $7,000
e. Hobbs Bonded Fibers 5th Place Overall, $6,000
Voting can be done online at AmericanQuilter.com/Fall, from your computer, smartphone or tablet. Voting will close at 12:00 noon on Friday, September 15, 2017.
There will be also be voting stations at AQS QuiltWeek – Fall Paducah, Kentucky 2017, where the 15 finalists will be on display, along with close to 600 inspiring works of fiber art.
Eligibility & Official Rules:
- You must be at least 16 years old to register to vote in the Fall Paducah QuiltWeek Quilt Contest.
- You must have an individual email address to register. If you don’t have an email address, you can create one for free at gmail.com.
- You can vote at the show or from home at AmericanQuilter.com/Fall.
The awards will be presented at the AQS Winners Showcase at Walker Hall, 229 Madison St, Paducah, KY 42001 from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. on Friday, September 15, 2017. Hors d’oeuvres will be available in the lobby starting at 6:00.
The evening will begin with a tribute to Bill Schroeder, co-founder of the American Quilter’s Society, emceed by Mark Sherman. Immediately following, the top seven winners will be announced. The evening will conclude with the announcement of the first ever Janome America Best of Show for AQS QuiltWeek – Fall Paducah.
Tickets for the Winners Showcase are available at: http://www.quiltweek.com/workshops/52207-winners-showcase/. Seating is limited.
Admission to AQS QuiltWeek can be purchased at the Schroeder Expo Center and includes access to all special exhibitions and the Merchant Mall. Hours are Wednesday, September 13, through Friday, September 15, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, September 16, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission tickets are available at the door. For more information visit QuiltWeek.com.
About the American Quilter’s Society
The American Quilter’s Society is the largest quilting membership organization in the world. For 33 years, AQS has been the leading voice in quilting inspiration and advice. At AQS, we believe that with the proper resources, the creative individual can take their quilting projects beyond what they can imagine. For more information on the American Quilter’s Society, please visit http://americanquilter.com or call 270-898-7903.