London, England (PRWEB UK) 27 September 2017
GMA Consulting has a strong track record in providing its clients with bespoke compliance and audit-related functionality centred on the Microsoft SharePoint platform. Now, in a natural progression, GMA has launched a SharePoint-based solution that will help organisations with the practical steps required to manage their compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation, which comes into effect on 25th May 2018.
Under GDPR, organisations will be required to:
- Record all aspects of how they process personal data and the giving of consent
- Respond to a Subject Request from an individual within a fixed deadline of 30 days
- Inform the regulator about any ‘notifiable’ Breaches within 72 hours
Many organisations, even if they have a theoretical understanding of the requirements of GDPR, find it difficult to start the practical steps required for a successful GDPR compliance project.
“We are delighted to be launching our GDPR Solution. We believe that it will provide our customers with a highly effective yet flexible and low-cost way to manage compliance with the GDPR,” said Ben Grey, a Director at GMA Consulting.
GMA’s solution has a pre-built framework that enables organisations to document the required information. For example, an HR department would have to record:
- Data types that are processed - e.g. names, private addresses, bank details (sensitive), health data (sensitive).
- How the data is collected - e.g. via a ‘New Joiner’ form - and information such as whether consent is required and, if so, how it is captured.
- Where the data is stored - e.g. in an HR database or filing cabinets - and information such as security and backup procedures.
- Which third parties the data is shared with - e.g. a payroll company or health insurance provider - and information such as if the data is sent overseas.
It also has functionality for recording:
- Subject Requests and the actions and timelines for responding
- Breaches and the actions and timelines for notifying the regulator and, where necessary, impacted individuals
The GDPR solution is a ‘plug-in’ for the Microsoft SharePoint collaboration platform (SharePoint) and would be deployed by GMA to a client’s SharePoint 2013 or 2016 environment. Further, GMA Consulting can provide on a bespoke basis, additional functionality which will be attractive to many clients such as:
- Integration with the client’s systems containing personal data
- Advanced search with AI capabilities to identify personal data
- Workflows such as tasks management and review
Organisations interested in learning more can visit http://www.gmaconsulting.com/sitepages/gdpr.aspx or contact Ben Grey or James Duckworth on +44 (0)20 3633 1030.