(PRWEB) October 07, 2017
We love our pets, and want the best for them. But often that becomes more difficult if living on a tight budget.
Here are some tips that we here at Amazing Pet Expos have complied for pampering you pooch without breaking the bank!
– Save money on everyday essentials, such as pet food, by shopping at deep discount stores. Forty percent of the money Americans spend on pets is for food. You will find savings on name-brand pet food at a deep discount store such as Dollar General. Remember that you can save even more by buying private label food. Many private label products are equivalent to the national brands.
– Find lower-cost medical care. Local humane societies often sponsor free or reduced-price clinics for routine vaccinations or spaying or neutering. Learn about clinics offered in your area, which can save you from expensive vet visits. And, you don’t always have to visit the vet for some medical treatments. Dewormer, ear mite treatment and other medications are available over-the-counter.
– Enjoy the great outdoors with your favorite animal - which doesn’t cost anything. For outdoor or indoor fun, your pet will need a few basic accessories like a leash, collar and water bowl. All of these inexpensive items are available at deep discount stores.
– Skip the pet day spa and groom your animal at home. You can save a lot of money by bathing and grooming your animal yourself. All you need to set up your own pet spa are shampoo, conditioner, a brush or comb, a hair dryer and nail clippers.
– Potty training and maintenance for pets can also be affordable. Deep discount stores such as Dollar General offer cat litter, litter pans, scoops and liners. Puppy pads are available for puppies that are being trained.
While buying the basics for your favorite animal, don’t forget to pick up a toy or treat. Dogs love toys, snacks or rawhide bones. Cats enjoy exercising on a scratching post or munching on catnip.
Mix and match these tips, and be sure to always monitor recall lists and check the nutritional content of pet food. Poor ingredients can lead health issues that will definaltly eat into your budget.
And remember, visit the Pet Expo in your city. Dozens of vendors will be on hand to share great products, good and local pet goods. It's a great way to learn even more!