DOOR COUNTY, Wis. (PRWEB) November 22, 2017
Lights twinkle, friends gather, and life is enjoyed at a slower pace. Make Door County, WI the destination for the holiday season. Visitors can plan their vacation today at DoorCounty.com or by calling the Door County Visitor Bureau toll free at 800-527-3529.
December Special Events
- Feast on a gourmet meal with The White Gull Inn and Thorp House Inn’s Progressive Holiday Dinner Weekends, December 1 & 2, 8 & 9, and 15 & 16.
- Celebrate the season at Christmas in the Village in Ephraim, December 2.
- Shop for friends and family at Carlsville’s Christmas Open House, December 7.
- Spend an afternoon in nature at The Ridge’s A Natural Christmas, December 9.
- Get in the holiday spirit with a performance of Jacob Marley’s Christmas Carol at Third Avenue Playhouse, December 20-31.
- Listen to seasonal songs at Northern Sky’s Home for the Holidays at the Old Gibraltar Town Hall, December 27-31.
- Say “goodbye” to 2017 at the New Year’s Celebration fireworks in Sister Bay, December 31.
- For the most comprehensive list of events, visit http://www.DoorCounty.com/events.
State and County Park Activities
Door County offers 5 state parks and 19 county parks across the 70-mile-long peninsula. Each park offers a variety of recreational opportunities and scenic beauty.
- View the night sky at Newport State Park.
- Ride a snowmobile down the Ahnapee Trail-weather permitting.
- Pack up the warm gear and winter camp at Peninsula State Park.
On Going Winter Activities
- Relax during the holiday season at one of the many spas in Door County.
- Listen to live music at a pub or tavern.
- Take a relaxing stroll down Historic Third Avenue in Sturgeon Bay.
- Enjoy a quiet afternoon looking at art at the Miller Art Museum.
- View the Christmas tree displays around downtown Baileys Harbor.
- Taste a local fish-fry on a Friday night.
- Get in the last-minute Christmas shopping at one of the many local businesses.
- Visit Crossroads at Big Creek on select weekends for free cross-country ski rental-weather permitting.
Stay Connected at DoorCounty.com
Door County is a bucolic peninsula that juts out into Lake Michigan in Wisconsin’s northeast corner. Named one of the Top 10 Vacation Destinations in North America by Money magazine, Door County features 300 miles of shoreline, 11 lighthouses, 5 state parks and 19 county parks. It is known for its natural beauty, artistic offerings and year-round outdoor recreation opportunities.