It’s important to have a plan of action to ensure you balance your holiday revelry with some solid exercise.
AUSTIN, Texas (PRWEB) December 12, 2017
The Austin-area sports medicine team at Medicine in Motion is reminding patients not to lose track of fitness goals during the holiday season.
“The holiday season is upon us, but fitness shouldn’t stop being important to you. In fact, with all of the holiday foods and indulgences, a well-planned exercise regimen is more critical than ever,” said Dr. Martha Pyron, owner of Medicine in Motion. “But between the parties, travel and other obligations, it’s hard to find the time. It’s important to have a plan of action to ensure you balance your holiday revelry with some solid exercise.”
Here are seven tips to remember when making time to stay healthy during the holidays:
1. Schedule exercise time as if it was a meeting. It’s easier to remember and keep if it’s on the calendar.
2. Have a backup plan. Lots of unexpected events pop up during the holidays, so be prepared to shift a workout to another day or time.
3. Go the extra mile. When out shopping, park as far as possible from the entrance to take advantage of the walk. Take the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator.
4. If unable to spend a half hour at the gym, break up the workout into smaller segments. Take a 15-minute walk before work and then again during lunch to get in the needed time.
5. If in a time crunch, don’t waste it on a drive to the gym – just workout at home. There are plenty of great options, even if a machine or weights aren’t available. Do a quick online search for “at home workouts” and find something that meets the established fitness goals.
6. When family or friends pop in for a visit, include them in the workout. Go for a walk and enjoy the holiday scenery – it will allow for everyone to bond and chat, but it will have the added benefit of promoting good physical health.
7. Adjust workout goals, if only for the season. If the workout schedule normally consists of five days a week, consider dropping it to three until the holidays are over. Some exercise is better than none!
Medicine in Motion (MIM) specializes in providing top quality sports medicine in Austin, Texas, for athletic individuals of all ages and levels. The staff at MIM believes active bodies are healthy bodies, therefore it is the office's goal to keep patients energetic and fit. To that end, MIM provides treatment of injuries and illnesses, including the use of physical rehabilitation; promotes healthy living with personal training and nutrition coaching; and offers comprehensive sports medicine evaluations to optimize health, activity level and sports performance. For more information or for questions regarding sports medicine in Austin, contact Medicine in Motion at 512-257-2500 or visit the website at http://www.medinmotion.com.