While this report has a strong focus on travel, it very much speaks to the luxury consumer. Even if you are not in the travel vertical, if you sell to the same consumer, the trends you will read will surely be applicable to you in one way or another.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) January 09, 2018
Jack Ezon, President, Ovation Vacations, recently released his annual travel trends report, "From the Front Line: Luxury Vacation Trends 2018,” a 50-page, year-end reflection on market and consumer observations, travel trends, opportunities and predictions for 2018.
Visit http://www.ovationtravel.com/blog/luxury-vacation-trends-2018 for a link to the report.
“While this report has a strong focus on travel, it very much speaks to the luxury consumer. Even if you are not in the travel vertical, if you sell to the same consumer, the trends you will read will surely be applicable to you in one way or another,” says Ezon. “It’s up to you to draw the conclusions. One thing’s for sure: all of our vertical spaces in the world of luxury are colliding and the smart players will continue to seek brand partnerships to take advantage of this convergence.”
Ezon concludes his informative analysis with ten predictions for the new year:
1) Facebook and Instagram are going to start phasing out: What was once solely authentic expression is now becoming a channel for blatant marketing. While social media is not going away, Ezon states it may be time for a new vehicle that will be less intrusive.
2) Food, fitness and family: Ezon says these "F-factors" will continue to be the leading drivers of affluent travel decisions in 2018.
3) Destination celebrations: People will continue to hit the road as they seek to invest in memories over products. Ezon says we will see a 20% increase in celebratory events predicted for 2018.
4) Sophisticated multigen experiences: Ezon says the bar will continue to rise in the multigenerational market with an increasing number of far-flung experiences and a more elaborate approach to programming that will morph into mini-destination events.
5) Secondary destinations: Ezon predicts the trend toward secondary cities and more rural areas will continue into 2018. People are more open than ever to trying something new.
6) Airbnb: Despite fierce regional legal battles and a significant setback in New York, which could set precedence around the world, Ezon believes Airbnb will continue to grab market share from the luxury sector as it expands its upscale portfolio and adds relevant travel products like flights, tour guides and experiences, as well as concierge and housekeeping services to its offering.
7) Zika: Ezon says Zika will go the way of dengue fever and chikungunya, which means it won’t fully disappear but likely fade over time.
8) Consolidation will continue: As market forces become further shaped by emerging giants, smaller players in all areas of travel will consolidate further. Ezon says this will include travel agencies, destination management companies, wholesalers and hotel companies.
9) Price integrity: Price integrity issues are expected to get worse before getting better and Ezon predicts 2018 will bring an explosion in the war between Online Travel Agencies (OTAs), wholesalers and hotels. Many tour operators are reselling to OTAs, making the trail of origin even more complicated to trace.
10) Reckoning of the OTAs: 2018 will be a year of reckoning for dominant OTAs. Ezon predicts further consolidation to counter the influence of Google and Facebook.
Visit http://www.ovationtravel.com/blog/luxury-vacation-trends-2018 for a link to Ezon’s 2018 Luxury Vacation Travel Trends report.
Ezon has been named one of the Top 10 “Super Agents” in the world by Travel+Leisure since 2013, continues to be on the Conde Nast Traveler top travel specialist in the world list and recognized as one of the top 25 Travel Agents in the industry by Travel Agent magazine. He was also awarded the title of Virtuoso’s Most Innovative Travel Advisor for 2010 and is often featured as an industry expert in a myriad of media including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, NBC’s Today Show, Fox News and USA Today.
About Ovation Vacations
Ovation Travel Group, a member of the prestigious international luxury travel network Virtuoso, is a $1.1 billion travel company based in New York. Ovation’s luxury leisure division, Ovation Vacations, is a growing, dynamic agency focused on creating bespoke travel experiences. Visit OvationVacations.com for more details.