Pittsburgh, PA (PRWEB) January 10, 2018
On the heels of being ranked number one in the nation by the Bloomberg Businessweek’s “Best Undergraduate Business Schools” Employer Survey (recruiters at 600 companies) for ensuring career readiness, the Boler School of Business has launched a new website designed to provide ample evidence to support this global designation.
Alan Miciak, Dean of the Boler School of Business, chose Elliance for its extensive higher education website design experience, including work for more than 20 faith-based colleges and universities. The Elliance team worked closely with Dean Miciak to articulate an underlying brand strategy. The goal was two-fold:
1. Translate a set of 500-year-old Jesuit values into a case for why good people, now more than ever, are good for businesses trying to reconcile profit, planet and people.
2. Strengthen the ties that bind Boler with a regional economy that depends on the school’s wellspring of managerial, accounting, human resource, supply chain and other essential business talent.
Elliance imagined and architected a responsive website that would attract and convert the kind of right-fit faculty and students required to translate a set of 500-year-old Jesuit values and a century-old mission into ground reality.
Elliance set about trying to show, in detail and from a 17-year-old’s point of view, how a Jesuit business education would prepare them for a rapidly changing world. Elliance challenged certain higher education website design conventions in order to bring a foundational argument forward: how sustainable value creation and corporate responsibility are no longer the right thing to do and good for business, but now simply good business.
In anchoring the experience with the positioning line, “Live Inspired,” Elliance then set about the hard work of showing how and why a Jesuit business education mattered. One look at the reputation Boler graduates have with employers and it’s evident this approach to business education resonates with the marketplace.
"When Bloomberg Businessweek surveyed employers, we ranked #1 nationally for employer satisfaction," said Alan Miciak, Ph.D., Dean, Boler School of Business. "The ranking confirms that recruiters view our graduates as exceptional.”
"We saw the website as a chance to advance the story," Miciak said. "We want to attract students who see business as a career, and a calling. Young people who understand the challenges of creating sustainable business value, and who believe meeting those challenges mean that there has never been a more exciting time to be in business.”
The new website features a prospect-centered main navigation, focuses on the immediate and long-range needs and interests of prospective students. Elliance also created undergraduate and graduate viewbooks to enable the university to send a consistent marketing message to prospective students.
Over a decade of higher education website design for business schools
Elliance uses an extensive discovery process to determine the unique selling proposition for each university and then creates the best marketing plan to reach that school’s specific goals. A few of the higher education marketing projects Elliance has executed for business schools include:
- The University of Delaware’s Alfred Lerner College of Business & Economics asked Elliance to strengthen the school’s identity, broaden awareness and increase enrollment. Elliance used a combination of an authentic brand position (Opportunity, Inc.) with a website redesign and lead-nurturing campaigns which featured email, paid online ads, radio commercials, inbound marketing and outdoor billboards to achieve results.
- The University of Manchester, who offers their Global MBA program around the world —Manchester, Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Sao Paulo— turned to Elliance to help launch a new Miami location. Elliance provided a digital marketing strategy, with search engine optimization, pay-per-click ads, online display, social media, digital public relations, email marketing, and inbound marketing to spread awareness and generate applicants for the new location.
- After creating a MBA Sustainability degree, Duquesne University approached Elliance for a new website and techniques to attract more right-fit students. The design and messaging on the website tell the story of a degree that’s grounded in ethics, profit and innovation as well as environmental awareness. This, combined with search engine optimization increased demand for the program— enrollment more than doubled between year one and year three — plus, it has ranked number one on Google for ten consecutive years.
Elliance is a Pittsburgh-based marketing agency that is helping colleges, b2b marketers, banks and non-profits leverage the power of digital and data to increase their market value. Their team of communications artists and information scientists uses a proven, strategic process that helps clients capture greater Share of Mind, Share of Voice and Share of Market.