VIBURNUM, Mo. (PRWEB) February 14, 2018
According to No Kid Hungry, over 50 percent of Missouri’s children do not have regular access to nutritious meals. Often, these children also are missing basic necessities, like clothes and toiletries. The Doe Run Company (Doe Run) recently provided food items, school supplies, and monetary support to local charitable organizations to help address these needs in the Southeast Missouri community.
“These donations give our local families much-needed resources and support the success of our local students,” said Steve Batts, vice president – Southeast Missouri Operations.
Doe Run gave $2,500 to the Backpack Buddies school supply program. The donations provided $500 each to the Salem, Viburnum, Lesterville, Bunker and Steelville school districts. The Backpack Buddies program supports students in grades K-6 with school supplies, clothing, food and toiletries.
An additional $3,560 in resources was donated to:
- Community food baskets at four local churches;
- ABA Hospital Transportation Fund – Abou Ben Adhem Hospital Fund, which helps pay for food and lodging while parents are waiting for their child’s treatment to be completed at area hospitals;
- Reynolds County Sheltered Workshop in Bunker, Missouri, and its efforts to provide employment opportunities for people with developmental challenges;
- The Salem R-80 Carnegie Hall Performance Trip;
- Iron County C-4 Booster Club; and
- Adopt 15 local families at Christmas through various local organizations.
About The Doe Run Company
Based in St. Louis, Missouri, USA, The Doe Run Company is a privately held natural resources company and a global provider of lead, copper and zinc concentrates. Dedicated to environmentally responsible mineral and metal production, Doe Run operates one of the world’s largest, single-site lead recycling centers, located in Boss, Missouri, and mines from one of the world’s largest lead mining districts, also in Missouri. The Doe Run Company and its subsidiaries deliver products and services necessary to provide power, protection and convenience. Doe Run has operations in Missouri, Washington and Arizona. For more information, visit http://www.doerun.com and sustainability.doerun.com.