HOUSTON (PRWEB) February 23, 2018
The Law Office of Stewart J. Guss is pleased to announce that it has launched a fundraiser with the Breast Cancer Charities of America. The firm has seeded the fundraiser with $500 in honor of Stewart Guss’s mother, aunt, and sister, all of whom are breast cancer survivors.
Statistics provided by BreastCancer.org indicate that about one in every eight women in the United States will develop invasive breast cancer at some point. In addition, as of January 2018, more than 3.1 million women had a history of breast cancer in the United States. This statistic includes women currently receiving treatments and women who have finished treatments.
Breast Cancer Charities of America (BCCA) is a not-for-profit organization, the stated mission of which is to eliminate breast cancer as a life-threatening illness. It focuses on empowering, educating, and encouraging both women and men to become proactive in preventing breast cancer. Here are some of the ways in which BCCA uses its resources:
- Prevention of breast cancer—according to studies, eight in 10 breast cancers are completely preventable
- Using education and resources to empower women and men with knowledge on how to prevent, fight, and survive breast cancer
- An iGoPink Educational Outreach program empowers women of all ages regarding the benefits of health and wellness with regard to prevention and survivalship
- Providing integrated care for survivors
- Support for survivors and their families—the BCCA’s Help Now Fund is available to assist with past-due rents and utilities
To join Stewart Guss in the battle against breast cancer, visit the fundraiser’s page here!
The Law Office of Stewart J. Guss is a Houston-based personal injury law firm that represents the rights of people all across the nation who were injured in preventable accidents. The attorneys of the firm are qualified to represent people who were injured in any type of incident, and regularly represent the victims of car accidents, slip and fall accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, pedestrian accidents, gas and oilfield accidents, construction accidents, bicycle accidents, and more. Prospective clients can schedule a free case evaluation with one of the firm’s attorneys by calling their Houston office today at (281) 664-6500.
Stewart J. Guss
The Law Office of Stewart J. Guss
12777 Jones Rd, Suite 297
Phone: (281) 664-6500