TEMPE, Ariz. (PRWEB) February 28, 2018
Runbeck Election Services Inc., a leader in ballot printing and election technologies has announced an improved sustainability program for its new headquarters.
“Designing a production facility with only one purpose in mind of producing ballots and election related materials, really gave us the opportunity to consider all possibilities,” says founder and CEO Kevin Runbeck. “Many companies produce election materials as part of a larger mix of commercial business. Runbeck was built specifically for the production of ballots. We have been able to take advantage of the latest technologies; which also are more environmentally friendly and sustainable, something our clients appreciate."
The new Phoenix headquarters is scheduled to be completed late Summer 2018 and will utilize a combination of carbon footprint reducing plans, which include:
- Zero Emissions – Utilizing NO inks or chemicals which emit VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
- Responsibly Forested Paper – Ballot paper is sourced from sustainably managed forests and is SFI certified." Paper used in the production of non-tabulated election material is generally FSC certified** paper containing at LEAST 10% post-consumer waste. Additionally, any paper products used by Runbeck for general purposes are environmentally safe and recycled.
- Solar Powered – Over 50% of electricity will be generated by Runbeck’s own solar powered system, up from the 30% currently generated.
- Reduced Landfill Waste – Reducing and reclaiming the waste from production as well as the office, in addition to a robust recycling program.
- LED Lighting – Complete LED lighting for highly efficient and long lasting energy use.
For more information about Runbeck Election Services, Inc. call 602.230.0510 or visit http://www.runbeck.net.
** FSC certification ensures that products come from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits.
SFI Is a solutions-oriented sustainability organization that collaborates on forest-based conservation and community initiatives that demonstrate and enhance our shared quality of life while providing supply chain assurances through standards, data and authentic stories.