ORLANDO, Fla. (PRWEB) March 21, 2018
The poll is still open for the Professional’s Choice Award, where the iaedp Foundation invites its members and other eating disorder professionals to vote for their favorite mannequin art entry in this year’s premier body image art competition -- the “Imagine Me Beyond What You See.”
Voting remains open through 9:00 a.m. on March 24. After that, all of the votes to determine the winner of the coveted Professionals Choice Award are tallied and presented along with the Judges’ Honorable Mention, Runner Up and the 2018 First Place “Imagine Me Beyond What You See” Body Image Mannequin Art competition winner.
All winners will be announced and presented awards at lunch event on March 24, a highlight of the 32nd annual iaedp™ Symposium at the Omni at ChampionsGate in Orlando, Florida.
This unique art competition encourages eating disorder treatment centers, art therapists, clients, therapy groups and the general public to reflect on the perception of beauty and then design mannequin-based artworks that challenge audiences to look and see beyond the purely physical. The mannequin artwork tells an individual or collective story about how those in treatment reflected upon or rediscovered their feelings about authentic beauty.
The mannequin entries for the 2018 Imagine Me art competition are:
- “Greater Than the Sum of Our Parts (Ophelia)” by Kaiser Permanente, Atlanta, GA
- “Blooming Inflorescence” by La Ventana Treatment PHP, Westlake Village, CA
- “Silent Scream by EDTC” by Eating Disorders Treatment Center, Albuquerque, NM
- “Breaking Barriers” by Liberation Center, Phoenix, AZ
- “Tammy, the Artist Formerly Known as Mother Nature” by La Ventana Treatment Center, Santa Barbara, CA
- “Headlines” by Judith Shaw, St. Louis, MO
- “Incomplete: A Duality” by La Ventana Treatment Center, Thousand Oaks, CA
- “Coraline: The Process of Transformation” by La Ventana Treatment Center, Thousand Oaks, CA
- “Split Reflections by Dominion Hospital” by Reflections Unit, Falls Church, VA
- “Life Intertwined” by Veritas Collaborative, Durham, NC
- “Brick by Brick” by Rogers Behavioral Health FOCUS Adult Residential Program, Oconomowoc, WI
- “My Brain as a Body” by Veritas Collaborative, Richmond, VA
- “Art, the Black Light Mannequin” by Center for Discovery, Beverly Hills, CA
- “Fragments to Making a Stepping Stone” by Under The Umbrella LLC, Bloomington, IN
- “The stories I write” by Eating Recovery Center, Denver, CO
About the iaedp™ Foundation: Since 1985, the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals has provided education and training standards to an international and multidisciplinary group of various healthcare treatment providers and helping professions. The Presidents Council provides support to the organization and its mission and includes: Center for Change; Center for Hope of the Sierras; Eating Recovery Center; Laureate Eating Disorders Program; La Ventana Treatment Programs; McCallum Place Eating Disorder Centers; Monte Nido & Affiliates; Pine Grove Women's Center; Remuda Ranch at the Meadows; Rogers Behavioral Health; Rosewood Centers for Eating Disorders; Selah House; The Renfrew Center; Timberline Knolls; and Veritas Collaborative.
As a way to further its mission, the iaedp™ Foundation introduced MemberSHARE, an online peer community solely dedicated to fostering an environment to support its professional members.
The iaedp™ Foundation proudly announces the supporting sponsors for the 2018 iaedp™ Symposium:
Silver and Event Sponsor: Avalon Hills
Bronze Sponsor: Breathe Life Healing Centers
Bronze Sponsor: Montecatini Eating Disorder Treatment Centers
Bronze Sponsor: Fairwinds Treatment Center
Bronze Sponsor: Pine Grove’s Women’s Center