Over half of Excelera members have at least one Certified Specialty Pharmacist (CSP).
MINNEAPOLIS (PRWEB) June 05, 2018
The newly certified pharmacists include:
- Sandy ILL, Pharm.D., CSP - Fairview Pharmacy Services
- Mark Nickell, Pharm.D., CSP - Fairview Pharmacy Services
- Ryan Klingbeil, Pharm.D., CSP - Fairview Pharmacy Services
- Jesse Peterson, Pharm.D., CSP - Fairview Pharmacy Services
- Anh Pham, Pharm.D., CSP - Fairview Pharmacy Services
- Jamie Eastman, Pharm.D., CSP - Fairview Pharmacy Services
- Kristin Holsworth, Pharm.D., CSP - Fairview Pharmacy Services
- Jeff Fahrenbruch, Pharm.D., CSP - Fairview Pharmacy Services
- Sheena Babin, Pharm.D., CSP - Ochsner Health System
- Christi Parson, Pharm.D., CSP - Ochsner Health System
- Eliane Maalouf, Pharm.D., CSP - Partners Healthcare
- Debbie Keck, R.Ph., CSP – Regional Health, Regional Home+ Specialty Pharmacy
- Melissa Gallegos, Pharm.D., CSP - Sentara/Proprium Specialty Pharmacy
- Lourdes Cantwell, Pharm.D., CSP - Yale New Haven Health
- Rebecca Reeve, Pharm.D., CSP - Yale New Haven Health
- Terri Sue Bukowski, Pharm.D., CSP - Yale New Haven Health
Unlike licensure, which is state-specific and non-voluntary, certification is provided at a national level and is usually voluntary. By passing the CSP assessment, pharmacy professionals not only display their aptitude in each specialized task, but also their expertise in specialty pharmacy. The CSP credential is a key indicator to employers, manufacturers, patients, payers, other healthcare providers, and the public at large, that a professional is an expert in specialty pharmaceuticals which are handled in almost every practice setting including community pharmacies, hospitals, long-term care facilities, infusion centers and mail order.
"The CSP certification provides additional credibility to the pharmacist and their company as experts in their field," said Gaurang J. Gandhi, PharmD, MHA, CSP, SPCB president. "The number of CSPs in the U.S. has grown 320% since the exam was initially offered just three years ago."
“Earning the CSP is quite an accomplishment for the Excelera Specialty Pharmacy network members who endeavor to receive to this exclusive certification,” said Amanda Fadden, vice president of operations at ExceleraRx Corp. “We warmly congratulate these new CSPs who demonstrate Excelera's dedication to high-caliber expertise in specialty pharmacy, one of the fastest growing sectors of the pharmaceutical industry."
ExceleraRx Corp. supports the Excelera® Specialty Pharmacy Network, a national network of specialty pharmacies based at health systems and academic medical centers, enabling member organizations to gain access to limited distribution drugs and restricted payer agreements. The Excelera network provides national-scale efficiency and collaboration to improve quality and value of outpatient specialty drug therapy for population health outcomes. Excelera’s mission is to “provide tools, technology and best practices around high-performing specialty pharmacy capabilities to network members, so that they can provide integrated, coordinated care to complex patients at the point-of-care leading to improved health outcomes and decreased healthcare costs.” For a current list of Excelera specialty pharmacy network members, or for more information about becoming a member of the Excelera network, visit excelerarx.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
The SPCB is an independent, not-for-profit entity dedicated to promoting the specialty pharmacist’s unique responsibility, maintaining the highest quality standards, and advocating for professional development to ensure that specialty patients receive appropriate care now and in the future. Visit the SPCB website for more information.