Pacific Palisades, CA (Vocus) October 23, 2007
Lydia Mondavi knows that knowledge is beautiful. She founded her luxury Grape Seed Age Protecting cosmetics line, 29 Cosmetics, on the principle that true natural beauty is not effortless, but comes through knowledge, dedication, understanding, protecting, and nourishing the skin. With the creation of her line, Lydia has already provided the products to nourish and protect the skin. Every product in 29 Cosmetics, from the lipsticks to the mascara, is enriched with a signature, free-radical fighting Grape Seed Age Protecting Formula. Grape seed extract also moisturizes and reduced the appearance of fine lines. Lydia also hopes to share her extensive knowledge of cosmetics and beauty with women around the world. She is eager to share her beauty secrets, and here she offers her tips for makeup on-the-go, whether you only have 5, 10, or 15 minutes to look your best.
For an on-the-go 5 minute makeup application:
1. Start with a cleansed, moisturized face
2. With 29's Line Maker Eye Pencil in Terroir, apply to the outer corners of the lids to make eyes appear larger.
3. A quick swipe of 29's Conditioning, Volumizing, Lengthening and Curling all-in-one formula D'Vine Mascara in Vine Noir gives you an instant look of long and perfectly defined lashes.
4. Then apply an overall sweep of 29's grape seed enriched Press Finishing Powder SPF 12 to give your face a beautiful, brightening effect while minimizing the look of any fine lines.
5. With an angled brush, apply 29's Cheek Blush in Berries to define your cheekbones with a natural, illuminating glow.
6. Finish off your flawless look with 29's Lip Therapy in Hint of Honey to give your lips a pouty, dewy finish, and you are ready for your day.
For a quick 10 minute makeup application:
1. Start with a cleansed, moisturized face
2. Sweep a quick, easy application of 29's great, lightweight Hydrating Foundation with SPF 15. This foundation smooths over any fine lines for a youthful, luminous glow.
3. Apply 29's Line Maker Eye Pencil in Napa Nights, a rich dark navy, along both the top and bottom lash lines to enhance the whites of your eyes and give them an instant pick me up!
4. Sweep on 29's D'Vine Mascara in Vine Noir for the perfect, well-conditioned lashes. An extra bonus is its smell of Napa grapes and fresh rose petals .
5. Continue the look with a sweep of the cheeks in 29's Blush Rose' for a healthy glow and well-defined cheekbones.
6. Last but not least, the perfect lips - apply 29's Line Maker Lip Pencil in Malbec, filling in the entire lip with its moisturizing grape-seed enriched formula for great staying power.
7. Top off your completed look with Reserves Moisturizing lipstick color, Berry Stain SPF 20. The benefits of this line will stay with you all day.
The 15 minute makeup application:
1. Start with a cleansed moisturized face
2. For an all day glow and the skin nourishing benefits of grape seed extract, apply 29's Hydrating Foundation. This lightweight formula evens out skin tone while fighting free radicals, plus it includes SPF 15.
3. Using 29's super blendable and creamy Concealer-Corrector palette of 4 shades, apply to problem areas to eradicate redness and dark circles. Its added benefit of grape-seed extract works all day to gradually reduce any under-eye puffiness. Remember, a little goes a long way.
4. For eyes, 29's Line Maker Eye Pencils are easy to use and won't drag or tug at the delicate tissue around eyes. Line both top and bottom lashes for the perfect eye, and pencils come with a smudger on one end to create the perfect look.
5. Next apply 29's Late Harvest Eye Shadow palette, which comes with all four shades in one palette for easy and quick application. Begin with the Toasted Champagne lightly applied all over the upper and lower lid, Vibrant Tobacco in the crease, Earthy Peach on the inner portion of the crease, and then blend over the entire lower lid and crease with Touch of Nutmeg, and finish with Toasted Champagne to highlight right under the brow arch.
6. Follow with 29's D'Vine Conditioning Mascara, it is like a vitamin bomb for your lashes! The grape seed infused mascara is moisturizing, curling, volumizing and lengthening all in one.
7. Then with an angled brush, sweep the cheekbones with 29's Cheek Blusher in Tuscany for a natural and truly healthy glow.
8. Follow with a light dusting of 29's Press Finishing Powder. It is milled so finely that the finish feels just like silk and it leaves an illuminating brightness to your skin.
9. For lips, start with 29's Lip Scrub, First Crush. Apply, rub lips together and tissue off, for extra smooth and soft lips.
10. Finish off with 29's Line Maker Lip Pencil in Brix, filling in the entire lip with its moisturizing formula. Top with Reserves Moisturizing Lipstick SPF 20 in Fine Whine, and for an extra plumping effect top off with a dot of 29's Dew Lip Gloss SPF 15 in Sparkling Pinot.
Lydia hopes her beauty tips and secrets will help women feel confident, beautiful, and healthy.
29 Cosmetics is available exclusively at Neiman Marcus. You can learn more about 29 Cosmetics by visiting their website, http://www.29cosmetics.com .
Tel: 310 454 3080
Cell: 310 699 9431
Fax: 310 388 6027