Increasing renal disorders, failure and organ failure owing to increasing rate of geriatric population expected to drive demand - Key industry participants include Abiomed Inc., Asahi Kasei Kuraray Medical Co. Ltd., Thoratec Corporation, WorldHeart Corp.,
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) June 19, 2014
The global market for artificial organ and bionics is expected to reach USD 38.75 billion by 2020 at an estimated CAGR of 9.3% from 2014 to 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing prevalence of acute renal failure and renal disorders due to lifestyle habits such as excessive alcohol consumption and growing geriatric population base causing a rise in organ failure rates is expected to serve this market as a high impact rendering driver. In addition, growing incidence rates of accidents is expected to boost the demand for organ transplants, thus increasing demand for artificial organ. Artificial kidney dominated the global market in 2013, with revenue estimated at over USD 12.21 billion; demand is expected grow due to the increasing chronic kidney patients. Artificial liver is the fastest growing market segment, at an estimated CAGR of 11.0% from 2014 to 2020.
The report “Artificial Organ And Bionics Market Analysis By Product (Artificial Heart, Liver, Kidney, Pancreas, Bionic, Limbs, Heart Valves, Cardiac, Vision), By Technology (Mechanical, Electronic) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/artificial-organ-and-bionics
Request free sample of this report @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/artificial-organ-and-bionics/request.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Brain bionics in the medical bionics market held the largest share of revenue for the year 2013 and the market is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 40.0%. The presence of high unmet medical needs in neurology disease segment coupled with expensive treatment procedures is expected to drive the market for brain bionics. Exoskeleton is the fastest growing segment and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.0% from 2014 to 2020.
- North America was the largest regional market in 2013, accounting for over 42.0% of global revenue due to the increasing population and awareness among the patients and the players.
- Asia Pacific is the fastest growing market and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.0% from 2014 to 2020 on account of rising demand due to the improvement in healthcare facilities, medical tourism and others. Increasing income levels and healthcare expenditure is expected to interest the players in the emerging markets.
- Key industry participants include Abiomed Inc., Asahi Kasei Kuraray Medical Co. Ltd., Thoratec Corporation, WorldHeart Corp., Gambro AB and others.
Browse all reports of this category @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/healthcare-it.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global artificial organ and bionics market on the basis of product, technology and region:
- Artificial Organ Product Outlook
• Artificial organs
• Total artificial heart
• Artificial liver
• Artificial pancreas
• Artificial lungs
• Artificial kidney
• Cochlear implants
• Cardiac bionics
• Heart valves
• Biological tissue valves
• Mechanical valves
• Transcatheter heart valves
• Ventricular assist device
• Bionic limbs
• Bionic legs
• Bionic hands
• Brain bionics
• Deep brain stimulators
• Spinal cord stimulators
• Vagus nerves stimulators
• Vision bionics
- Artificial Organ Technology Outlook
• Mechanical bionics
• Electronic bionics
- Artificial Organ Regional Outlook
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse all Grand View research upcoming reports @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports.
Latest Reports by Grand View Research:
Phytosterols Market Analysis By Application (Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics, Food Ingredients), By Product (Beta-Sitosterol, Campesterol, Stigmasterol, Ergosterol) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/phytosterols-market)
The global market for phytosterols is expected to reach USD 989.8 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Phytosterols are widely used as additives in food products such as dairy, sausages, cold cuts, etc. One of the major drivers for the growth of phytosterols market is the favorable regulatory scenario, promoting their use in functional foods and nutraceuticals. In addition, proven ability of phytosterols, to reduce cardiovascular disorders is also expected to have positive impact on market demand. Increasing prevalence of coronary heart diseases is further expected to augment the demand for phytosterols over the next six years.
Hydraulic Fracturing Market Analysis, Market Size, Application Analysis, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies And Forecasts, 2014 To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hydraulic-fracturing-market)
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc