Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) July 23, 2012
If a police arrest happens to you, a family member or a friend, it can become a traumatic experience. No one ever expects an arrest for a crime, or a subsequent visit to a county jail. But when it happens, it’s best to be prepared and know how to avoid a prolonged jail stay.
To be released from jail after an arrest, most defendants are often allowed to post a bail bond with a reputable bail bonds company in exchange for their release. Judges often calculate the bail amount according to two areas: the person’s risk to public safety, or the person’s inclination to ‘take flight’. In the Florida case of the George Zimmerman trial, the judge slapped a $1 million bond amount on Zimmerman, noting that he was likely a flight risk.
If you or someone you know is in this situation, here are five key tips you need to know for obtaining release from jail after an arrest.
1. Appearing in front of a judge is your time to remain calm and give the judge no reason to deem you a risk to public safety or a flight risk. If an arrested person can accomplish this well, then the next steps should fall into place.
2. First time arrestees are usually offered a list of bail bonds companies to contact. In Orange Country, California, there are numerous bail bond agents seeking much of the same business. Ask the arresting police officer or jail agent about the list to determine which bail bonds company might be best suited in handling bail for the type of crime committed.
3. Ask each bail bonds company to outline their financial terms. Most Orange County bail bonds firms will seek a down payment of 10% of the total bail, but there are other companies that are only asking for a lower down payment percentage, with a payment plan for the other 9% of the amount.
4. Once you have the options you need for posting bail, and have chose a reputable bail bonds company, contact a family member, a friend or an associate to help in gaining access to your funds or to post the bail themselves. The reputable bail bonds company will take care of the rest of the paperwork required to the court and to your legal and financial obligations for bail and subsequent court appearances.
5. The most important key tip for posting bail is to follow through and appear for the court date. If the defendant does not appear for the trail date, it can lead to much higher court costs and bail bonds costs.
“The first thing people usually say when being arrested is ‘Oh my god’,” says Sean Cook, Owner/Operator of Premiere Bail Bonds. “The second thing they should say is ‘How do I get a bail bond for this?’ That’s where we come in. People in an arrest situation need our professional help. The goal is to be released from custody in the shortest possible time, and Premiere Bail Bonds will help that process, along with navigating through the judicial system.”
Once an arrest happens and you need bail bondsman services, Premiere Bail Bonds can help with specialized assistance in Orange County, California. Premiere Bail Bonds is a leading bail bondsman service in California. With over 200 agents throughout the state, Premiere Bail Bonds and its affiliates provide immediate bail bonds services to help people deal with the stressful of an arrest situation. Premiere Bail bonds will work quickly and efficiently to post the bond to get the person released and offer help in getting the person to show up for eventual court dates.
Contact Premiere Bail Bonds 24-7 by calling 1-800-662-0056.