Blogosphere's Brightest Stars to Offer Expert Advice to Bloggers, Entrepreneurs, ADV, PR Communities at First Blogworld & New Media Expo
Headliners include political bloggers Arianna Huffington, Hugh Hewitt; business commentarians Shel Israel, Charlene Li; tech gurus Om Malik, Mike Arrington.
Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) September 10, 2007
Journalists, social media pioneers, marketing experts and entrepreneurs will share their experience and advice about building audience, monetizing content, journalistic ethics, engaging communities and conversational marketing at BlogWorld & New Media Expo , the first-ever industry-wide blogging conference and trade show.
Scheduled for November 7 - 9, 2007 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, the conference will feature more than 60 sessions on blogging, podcasting, video blogging and other types of social media activities for new and experienced content creators, entrepreneurs and business executives.
BlogWorld will bring together leading new media gurus from all topic areas. Among those sharing expertise will be:
- Arianna Huffington, co-founder and editor-in-chief of The Huffington Post , one of the most widely-read and cited blog sites on the Internet
- Hugh Hewitt , author of “BLOG,” law professor and nationally syndicated radio host
- Om Malik, founder and executive editor of GigaOm , contributing editor at Business 2.0, telecom and broadband industry expert
- Mike Arrington, serial entrepreneur and editor of monster technology blogs TechCrunch and Crunchnotes
- Shel Israel , co-author of “Naked Conversations: How Blogs are Changing the Way Businesses Talk with Customers”
- Charlene Li , principal analyst, Forrester Research; interactive media publishing expert and previous board member, Newspaper Association of America's New Media Federation
- Matt Cerrone, editor and publisher of the wildly popular baseball blog MetsBlog
- Tyler Bleszinski, president and co-founder of Sports Blogs Nation and editor of Athletics Nation
- Matt Burden, retired U.S. military officer, author of the renowned Milblog “Blackfive ,” which Burden says he started “because of the sacrifice of my friend, Major Mathew Schram , un-noticed by the MSM”
- Michael Yon , former U.S. Special Forces soldier, author of “Danger Close” and independent online photo journalist, currently embedded with the U.S. Marines Anbar Province Iraq
BUSINESS OF BLOGGING:
- Brian Clark, editor of Copyblogger , a blog dedicated to the business of blogging, Internet marketing strategist, content developer, entrepreneur and recovering attorney
- Jim Kukral , online marketing guru who specializes in helping businesses make money online
- Professor David Perlmutter , Associate Dean, the William Allen White School of Journalism and Mass Communications, University of Kansas; author of “Blogwars” a book on war, politics, visual images, new media and public opinion
Additional information on BlogWorld, speaker topics, session descriptions and registration information are all available at http://www.blogworldexpo.com. Discounted pricing is available through October 19.
Kelly Taylor for BlogWorld Expo
The Bohle Company
blogworldpr @ bohle.com
(310) 785-0515, Ext. 300
brian @ future-works.com
408-428-0895 Ext. 101
# # #