We are excited to bring this effective and affordable solution to the market,” said Patrick Smyth, CEO and President of TeraGanix, Inc. “Customers who never recycled before tell us how excited they are to participate in something so simple that helps.
Alto, TX (PRWEB) December 13, 2010
TeraGanix, Inc., the exclusive US distributor for Dr Higa’s original EM•1® microbial inoculant products, has announced the introduction of a new, affordable Bokashi Food Waste Recycling system. This composting system helps homeowners reduce the impact of their organic waste and quickly produces a rich organic food for growing healthy plants.
The Bokashi Food Waste Recycling System is different from traditional composting. Traditional composting is an aerobic rotting process that requires labor intensive maintenance and temperatures between 140 and 160F degrees to be effective. Furthermore, the rotting process creates by-products that require the compost to be cured for many weeks before it can be used without damaging the soil. The heat also produces unpleasant gasses and depletes many nutrients, including carbon and nitrogen. Gases such as methane, carbon dioxide and ammonia give the compost pile a pungent odor. The entire process is smelly, inconvenient and attracts pests.
In contrast, Bokashi – Japanese for “fermented” – utilizes the fermentation process to break down food scraps. The Bokashi composting process uses live microbes, enzymes, trace minerals and vitamins to quickly break down the waste into nutrient rich plant food that can be used in the garden within two weeks. The process is quicker, easier and simply more pleasant to have in your home.
The Bokashi Food Waste Recycling System includes: 2 five gallon buckets (one to be used for filling with food while the other is maturing); 2 flexible translucent lids that make it easy to use and keep tabs of the progress; and 1 five pound bag of EM Bokashi organic rice bran, which is the fermenting agent. The suggested retail price for the complete kit is only $36.99, making it the most affordable and effective composting kit on the market.
- The Bokashi Food Waste Recycling System includes all the components needed for a family to start kitchen composting immediately.
- The system arrives, ready to use, complete with simple-to-follow instructions. (So simple, in fact, that even elementary school children have used the system in their schools!)
- The system works with all food substances including - but not limited to - fruit peels, vegetables, meat, dairy, bread, tea bags and coffee grinds.
- Bokashi is a Japanese term for "fermented" and the Bokashi Food Waste Recycling System was specifically design to quickly ferment food wastes to eliminate odor and prevent pest issues.
- After just two weeks of maturing in the fermenting bucket, the food waste is buried in the soil, where it converts rapidly into nutrient-rich plant food that contributes to optimum garden health.
- “We are excited to bring this effective and affordable solution to the market,” said Patrick Smyth, CEO and President of TeraGanix, Inc. “Customers who never recycled before tell us how excited they are to participate in something so simple that helps the planet and contributes to food supply and gardens by reducing the need for toxic chemicals.”
- TeraGanix Inc., formerly EM America, is the exclusive US distributor for Dr Higa’s original EM•1® microbial inoculant products.
- EM•1® is a liquid microbial inoculant product that promotes a healthy environment for beneficial microorganisms and larger forms of life including humans, pets, livestock, insects and worms.
- To learn more about EM Technology, Bokashi composting and TeraGanix Inc., visit: http://www.TeraGanix.com
# # #