San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) September 04, 2012
Skript LLC, an iOS mobile app development company, today announced the release of the 2.8 version of Buy Me a Pie!, a cloud-based mobile productivity app that offers users a quick and easy way to create, manage, and share grocery lists across multiple iOS devices and the desktop. This newest version of Buy Me a Pie! provides significant enhancements to the 5-star-rated app, streamlining list-making and further improving the user experience. The new functionality is also expected to increase user adoption of Buy Me a Pie!, which already has more than 2 million downloads from users worldwide. The basic version of Buy Me a Pie! is currently available for free, with the fully enhanced version available for $2.99 on the Apple iTunes store at http://itunes.apple.com/md/app/grocery-list-buy-me-a-pie!/id491322606?mt=8.
Grocery industry research indicates that 60-70% of grocery purchases are unplanned, increasing what is already the second-highest average household expense, according to Why We Buy: The Science of Shopping by Paco Underhill. The Buy Me a Pie! mobile app helps consumers stay within their budget and save money and time by reducing impulse purchases, helping them bypass eye-catching product displays, and avoiding unnecessary trips to the store for forgotten items.
“By incorporating feedback from our large and active user base, we’re committed to making Buy Me a Pie! the most useful and easy-to-use, mobile grocery list app around,” noted Oleg Nederev, CEO of Skript. “Mobile device users enthusiastically adopted the original version of our app, and with the new features provided in the 2.8 version, we’re looking forward to reaching an even larger audience.”
In addition to several interface improvements and minor bug fixes, the new version of Buy Me a Pie! includes the following, user-centric enhancements:
- Additional Language Support: Buy Me a Pie! now supports Spanish and Portuguese, meaning that users who want to make grocery lists in their native language can choose between seven different languages (English, French, Italian, German, Russian, and now Spanish and Portuguese).
- App Gifting Functionality: With the press of a button, users can easily gift Buy Me a Pie to family members or friends in order to sync grocery lists or share the experience of using the app.
- List Printing Feature: Shoppers who want a hard copy of their grocery list can now conveniently print this out before going to the store.
- Improved List Creation: The new app enhancements enable users to easily create new lists with just the touch of a finger.
- Stores Lists of Purchased Groceries: Purchased groceries will no longer be deleted from grocery lists unless the user actively opts to do so.
- More Flexible Item Entry: The app’s latest version allows users to enter new items in both upper and lower case instead of automatically converting letters to lower case.
To watch a short video showcasing Buy Me a Pie!, please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6X3p54RfbE
About Skript, LLC
Created by privately-held iOS mobile app developer Script, LLC, Buy Me a Pie! is a popular, mobile productivity app that offers an easy way to create, share, and manage grocery lists. With more than 2 million downloads, Skript’s 5-star rated, cloud-based app lets users quickly and easily create, manage, and sync multiple grocery lists via the desktop or any iOS device, further enabling users to share lists with others on-the-go. With Buy Me a Pie!, grocery shoppers can stay organized and save the time, money and aggravation associated with forgetting grocery items. Currently supporting seven languages, Buy Me a Pie is available in the U.S. as well as in several other countries worldwide. The app is available through iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grocery-list-buy-me-a-pie!/id491322606?mt=8. For more information, please visit http://buymeapie.com/.