Herndon, VA (PRWEB) February 20, 2013
The Center for Innovative Technology (CIT) spotlights the launch of MiserWare, Inc.’s new power management software for Windows laptops: FatBatt. FatBatt allows users to optimize and maximize a laptop’s battery, finally solving the problem of painfully low battery life.
FatBatt solves many problems PC laptop users face:
● Inaccurate battery timers: The battery gauge on a laptop is slow to respond to changing conditions. FatBatt provides real-time energy-use feedback to show how long a battery will truly last.
● Confusion over power management settings: Which power management settings have the most effect on battery life? FatBatt highlights and provides easy access to the most effective settings that many users don’t even know how to control.
● Battery vampires: FatBatt alerts users when a battery-sapping update or program starts, before it has already used up juice.
● Location-based requirements: With FatBatt, users can save and modify settings based on the availability of known wireless networks.
● Lack of charging information: FatBatt provides information about the battery while charging, including how much charging is possible within a certain amount of time and the time to fully charged.
● No clear interface: FatBatt wraps all these features into one, easy-to-use interface.
For 27 years, CIT has been the Commonwealth’s primary driver for innovation-based economic development strategies. Currently, CIT is plugging gaps at the earliest stages of the Innovation Continuum – commercialization and seed funding – as it continues to assist entrepreneurs throughout the Commonwealth launch and grow high-growth technology companies. CIT supports MiserWare’s goals to democratize energy management and help PC users understand their battery life.
For more information visit http://www.fatbatt.com.
About the Center for Innovative Technology, http://www.cit.org
CIT is a nonprofit corporation that accelerates the next generation of technology and technology companies. CIT creates new technology companies through commercialization, capital formation, market development and revenue generation services. To facilitate national innovation leadership and accelerate the rate of technology adoption, CIT creates partnerships between innovative technology startup companies and advanced technology consumers. CIT’s CAGE Code is 1UP71.
About the CIT GAP Funds, http://www.citgapfunds.org
CIT GAP Funds makes seed-stage equity investments in Virginia-based technology, clean tech and life science companies with a high potential for achieving rapid growth and generating significant economic return for entrepreneurs, co-investors and the Commonwealth of Virginia. CIT GAP Funds investments are overseen by the CIT GAP Funds Investment Advisory Board (IAB). This independent, third-party panel consists of leading regional entrepreneurs, angel and strategic investors, and venture capital firms such as: New Enterprise Associates, Grotech Ventures, Valhalla Partners, Harbert Venture Partners HIG Ventures, Edison Ventures, In-Q-Tel, Intersouth Partners, SJF Ventures, Carilion Clinic, Johnson & Johnson, General Electric and Alpha Natural Resources.
About MiserWare, http://www.miserware.com
MiserWare, Inc. is a Virginia Tech green IT spinout from the small town of Blacksburg, Virginia. MiserWare is also the creator of Granola power management software, used by hundreds of thousands worldwide. MiserWare’s Granola products have been listed on TIME Magazine’s Top 20 Ways to Go Green and PC Magazines Best Free Software and received a CNET Editor’s Rating of 4.5 stars out of 5.