An absolute favorite place to eat at is McGuire's Irish Pub. For starters order the 18 cent bean soup, and the nacho appetizer is more like a full size meal for two.
Destin, FL (PRWEB) February 24, 2012
Travel website TripShock.com has released their top picks for restaurants in 2012. Destin tourists are recommended to check out the following establishments when visiting the popular Destination this year. For more information and things to do in Destin, visit TripShock.com for an extensive list of activites and things to do in the area.
1) An absolute favorite place to eat at is McGuire's Irish Pub. For starters order the 18 cent bean soup, and the nacho appetizer is more like a full size meal for two. Steaks are thick and juicy and any pasta dish ordered is overflowing. The atmosphere is lively, and of course, very Irish with thousands of one dollar bills signed and stapled to
the walls. Featured on the Food Network, the menu also has a garbage burger that is 12 " high and has 22 toppings including ice cream. Bonus: Tripshock has discounted certificates - Pay $80 and receive $100.
2) Callahan's is the place where the locals go because of the generous sized portions, fresh food, and the care that is used in its preparation. It is not on the beach and doesn't have gimmicks to draw a crowd, just great food at reasonable prices. This locally-owned restaurant encompasses a variety of foods including sandwiches, seafood, salads, burgers, Italian, steaks and surely to satisfy any member of the family.
3) Osaka Japanese steakhouse and sushi bar is rated the #1 hibachi in Northwest Florida. Osaka offers a generous menu of steak, seafood, chicken, sushi and vegetables. The sashimi is excellent and melts in the mouth. The rolls are inventive, wonderful and high quality coming straight from the Gulf. For a little fun and entertainment sit on the Hibachi side. Bonus: Tripshock has discounted certificates - Pay $80 and receive $100.
4) Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is a great place for a date or with family. The steaks are tender, flavorful and succulent, and the whipped sweet potatoes are caramelized; So delicious they could be disguised as dessert. Dine in style and leave feeling like a King.
5) Old Bay Steamer is located in Fort Walton Beach, but is only a couple miles west of Destin. The food is so delicious at Old Bay Steamer that we had to add it to the list. The best seafood in the area with generous portions and reasonably priced. King crab or classic steamer (perfect for two) are highly recommended. The atmosphere is casual and family friendly with great food and service.
6) AJ's Bar & Grill has an excellent menu plus a great view of the harbor. The grilled fish sandwich is a house specialty along with the fried shrimp and crab claws. A laid-back friendly atmosphere with live music is what you'll typically get at this harborside restaurant.
7) Harbor Docks has a full menu of superb food that includes seafood, sushi and other dishes. TripShock recommends the fried oyster plate and red snapper parmadine. The restaurant is one of Destin's oldest and most successful dining establishments. Bonus: Tripshock has discounted certificates - Pay $80 and receive $100.
The last three restaurants are located in Sandestin just east of Destin.
8) At Marlin Grill the kids are always welcome, but the ambiance is more formal, low lights, and candles. There are waiters that walk around with baskets filled with a various selection of breads that are all very tasty. Seafood dominates the
menu and any of the dishes would be a great choice. However, if beef is on the mind then there is no going wrong with the 4" steaks. One the weekends, there is live music nearby that can offer added value to your dining experience.
9) Cantina Laredo albeit a Mexican restaurant in a seafood destination still deserves recognition. Everything is fresh and the complimentary chips, salsa and hand prepared guacamole are the best around. TripShock recommends the fajitas, but there are many items to choose from on the menu that are all very delicious.
10) Another Broken Egg has a large variety and something for everyone; not just eggs on this menu. Pancakes are stacked and as big as the plates and the cheese filled omelets are fresh and non-processed. Since there are only a few breakfast restuarants in Destin, there is usually a long wait so don't sleep in.
The Gulf Coast is very family friendly so any of these places caters to large groups including kids. Bon appetite!
TripShock! ® is the one and only online travel agency in the Northern Gulf Coast that enables travelers to book tours and activities directly. TripShock! offers trusted reviews from real travelers, photos, videos and other planning tools to help create the perfect Gulf Coast vacation. TripShock! attracts more than 500,000 visitors annually and partners with over 100 activity and lodging providers from Florida to Louisiana.