At Hotel Felix, Earth Month is our favorite time of year as it underscores our commitment to the environment,” said George Jordan, area general manager of Hotel Felix Chicago.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) March 28, 2013
This Earth Month, Hotel Felix Chicago (http://www.hotelfelixchicago.com) will roll out the green carpet with free eco-friendly events and activities for Chicagoans and guests alike. Located in Chicago’s River North neighborhood, Hotel Felix (111 W. Huron St.) is Chicago’s first eco-friendly and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design™ (LEED) Silver certified hotel.
From green-themed room deals to free yoga classes, Hotel Felix is the place to go green this April. The Earth Month activities include but are not limited to:
- Earth Day, Earth Stay: To kick off Earth Month on April 1, Hotel Felix will offer an exclusive Earth Day room rate of $20.13 plus tax for the first 10 people who book a room for Earth Day, April 22, online using promo code EARTH. The option to book will start at 12 p.m., April 1 and the exclusive rate is only available to stay on April 22 (Earth Day). The rate is based on availability and do not include sales tax. These green steals are bound to go fast and interested guests are encouraged to be ready to book starting at noon, April 1 at http://www.hotelfelixchicago.com.
- Pop-up Yoga Studio: Hotel Felix is pleased to welcome the talented instructors of Elate Yoga (http://www.elateyoga.com) to the hotel this Earth Month. Every Wednesday in April at 6:30 p.m., Elate Yoga will offer complimentary yoga classes to Chicagoans and hotel guests of all skill levels. Reservations are not required but strongly encouraged, as space is limited. For questions or to reserve a spot, please email Elate Yoga at contact(at)elateyoga(dot)com or call 312-772-6459.
- Support Friends of the Chicago River: Hotel Felix will partner with Alexandra Gnoske, a leading environmentalist in Chicago, to support the Friends of the Chicago River. Hotel Felix will sell Gnoske’s limited quantity “Recycle Me” shirts for just $15 each while supplies last. All proceeds will benefit Friends of the Chicago River, a nonprofit committed to preserving and protecting the river.
- Debut of Environmental Captains: This April, Hotel Felix will feature the hotel’s first Environmental Captains. Hotel Felix is proud to name the first two Environmental Captains, Troy Murray and Noemi Rodriguez. This honor is bestowed upon them as they demonstrated their passion and commitment to Hotel Felix’ sustainable practices. Murray and Rodriguez will be responsible for overseeing the hotel’s green efforts, including recycling, use of USGBC-approved cleaning supplies and more.
- Our Photogenic Family: The hotel is the proud permanent home to a larger-than-life family of three sustainable art sculptures, who reside right outside the front entrance. These eco-friendly works of art, created by sculptor Allen Christian of House of Balls, have landed at Hotel Felix one-by-one each year over the past three Earth Days. This Earth Month, guests and Chicagoans are invited to see, photograph and enjoy them all month long.
“At Hotel Felix, Earth Month is our favorite time of year as it underscores our commitment to the environment,” said George Jordan, area general manager of Hotel Felix Chicago. “While everyday is Earth Day for us, we’re especially excited for Earth Month because we have the opportunity to offer the community and our guests a variety of complimentary green activities and events.”
The green party continues throughout April at Chicago’s premier eco-chic boutique hotel. To learn more about Hotel Felix Chicago, please visit http://www.hotelfelixchicago.com.
More about Hotel Felix
As Chicago’s first hotel designed to meet LEED Silver certification, Hotel Felix (111 W. Huron) delivers an enriching experience that not only benefits the guests, but the environment as well. Hotel Felix opened in April 2009 after an extensive redevelopment of a 1926 building using organic materials and renewable resources. The 225-room boutique hotel is conveniently located just steps from the Magnificent Mile and The Loop, surrounded by many of Chicago’s renowned attractions, popular restaurants, bars and world-class entertainment.
For more information and reservations, please visit http://www.hotelfelixchicago.com or call 312-447-3440 or 877-848-4040. To learn more about the latest happenings at Hotel Felix, please visit their blog, Happy Naturally (http://www.happynaturally.com) and join them on Facebook and Twitter at http://www.facebook.com/hotelfelix and http://www.twitter.com/hotelfelix.
# # #